HMS ALERT 1777 cutter POF by shota70 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Witaj
Piękne zrobione armaty bardzo mi się podobają .Pozdrawiam Mirek
Drogi Mirek,
bardzo Ci dziękuję za wszystkie słowa wsparcia i komplementy, to budujące i pomocne, przyjacielu

Dear Mirek, thank you very much for all the words of support and compliments, it is both encouraging and helpful,my friend

Happy New Year Shota! Please don't apologize for slow progress - sometimes we can only do what we can do. When I build, I also need proper time to sit down and work slowly - hasty and rushed work invariably turn into a mess.

Heinrich, my dear friend

I completely agree with you, our hobby requires both patience and applications. Thank you very much for all the words of encouragement and compliments, it helps me.
I wish you a happy and sweet new year and success in fulfilling all your wishes

‏Hello dear friends
After two days of holiday meals and guests, I continued to prepare the blocks that required for the cannon carriages and the construction of the hooks required for the connections to the ship's hull and the carriages.
I chose a 2.6mm block for the single hole/rope ones and a 3.7mm block for the two hole/rope ones.
The blocks are made of boxwood.

20230915_172727.jpg20230915_172714.jpg
After I got a little tired of this Sisyphean work, I started working on a new and refreshing topic- assembly of ATOMSTACK A5 M40 Laser Engraving Machine Wood Cutting Upgraded Design Desktop DIY Laser Engraver.
You are most welcome to take a look at the new topic I opened and contribute your experience and knowledge, which will be welcomed and gratefully received.

good evening dear friends
Tonight I had felt Satisfaction from the creative craft of the model,
because after weeks of work I was able to install the first cannon carts to the ship's deck with all the required rope and block system.
I would like to make a reservation and say that this is an initial installation for the sake of illustration while the final and permanent adjustments will be made when all 12 assemblies are ready.
I admit that it made me happy and motivated for the rest of the way :D:cool:
good night wishes and sweet dreams
20230919_224939.jpg20230919_224926.jpg20230919_224917.jpg20230919_224909.jpg20230919_224825.jpg

Hello, my friend! I am really glad that you have been delighted with the gun rigging. Rigging the gun is not easy. What I'd like to point out (if I am allowed), is that some of the blocks are installed opposite way. Pretend that you are the gunner and responsible for the right training tackle. Your task is to move the gun to the firing position. Take the end of the rope in your hand and try to pull... what happened? Hopefully, you will not hurt your palm. ;) In the way you assembled the train tackle, the shaves in the double block will not move (at all). I purposely let you pull the rope (virtually), so you could better understand how the block system works. Now take a look at the drawings below.

1695164865008.png

The hook with the single block connected to the eyebolt on the carriage side, The end rope passes through the first shave on the double block attached to the eyebolt near the gun port (left and right sides). The next, rope passed thru the single-block's shave and then thru the second shave in the double-block. The end is collied for later use. Here is my sketch.

IMG_0115.jpeg

I think with the skills you have, corrections will not take a long time :cool: Should you accept to make the change...

Hello, my friend! I am really glad that you have been delighted with the gun rigging. Rigging the gun is not easy. What I'd like to point out (if I am allowed), is that some of the blocks are installed opposite way. Pretend that you are the gunner and responsible for the right training tackle. Your task is to move the gun to the firing position. Take the end of the rope in your hand and try to pull... what happened? Hopefully, you will not hurt your palm. ;) In the way you assembled the train tackle, the shaves in the double block will not move (at all). I purposely let you pull the rope (virtually), so you could better understand how the block system works. Now take a look at the drawings below.

View attachment 395478

The hook with the single block connected to the eyebolt on the carriage side, The end rope passes through the first shave on the double block attached to the eyebolt near the gun port (left and right sides). The next, rope passed thru the single-block's shave and then thru the second shave in the double-block. The end is collied for later use. Here is my sketch.

View attachment 395479

I think with the skills you have, corrections will not take a long time :cool: Should you accept to make the change...
Jim my dear friend
Thank you very much for the guidance and the detailed explanation, I will correct the mistake as soon as possible.
I'm publishing my work so that experts like you can have an opinion and help me develop, and for that I am grateful :)

Tonight I had felt Satisfaction from the creative craft of the model,
because after weeks of work I was able to install the first cannon carts to the ship's deck with all the required rope and block system.
I would like to make a reservation and say that this is an initial installation for the sake of illustration while the final and permanent adjustments will be made when all 12 assemblies are ready.
I admit that it made me happy and motivated for the rest of the way :D:cool:
good night wishes and sweet dreams
View attachment 395456View attachment 395457View attachment 395458View attachment 395459View attachment 395460
Hi Shota, Very nice, for me this post along with what Jimsky added is one of the better ones on canon rigging, not easy but with your good photos I might even be able to have a go myself. I’ve never tried to rig canons correctly before, I’ve always gone for a simple and easier rig. Ken.

Hi Shota, Very nice, for me this post along with what Jimsky added is one of the better ones on canon rigging, not easy but with your good photos I might even be able to have a go myself. I’ve never tried to rig canons correctly before, I’ve always gone for a simple and easier rig. Ken.
Witaj
Popraw ten takielunek drogi Shoto szkoda żeby tak piękny model miał taką nieprawidłowość. Czasem warto się cofnąć żeby być później zadowolonym . Pozdrawiam Mire
my dear friend's
thanks for the support and compliments :)
I'm taking your words & Jimski's, to my and the mistake will come out/fixed

In the last week I continued to work on the set of ropes, blocks and hooks that anchor the cannon carts to the deck and side of the ship.
Since the current model has 12 cannons, I was required to make 32 sets of ropes and blocks, 3 for each cart and cannon.
I also finished installing all the cannons to the carts with the hinges closing the axis of the cannon as well as the rope ring for the rear ball end of the cannons.
I wish you all a pleasant evening
20230925_184920.jpg20230925_184831.jpg20230925_184236.jpg20230925_184147.jpg

In the last week I continued to work on the set of ropes, blocks and hooks that anchor the cannon carts to the deck and side of the ship.
Since the current model has 12 cannons, I was required to make 32 sets of ropes and blocks, 3 for each cart and cannon.

I also finished installing all the cannons to the carts with the hinges closing the axis of the cannon as well as the rope ring for the rear ball end of the cannons.
View attachment 396564View attachment 396565View attachment 396566View attachment 396567
Quite some power play!

View attachment 396564View attachment 396565View attachment 396566View attachment 396567
Good morning Shota. Awesome and ready for action. Cheers Grant

Hello Shota your cannons look very impressive. Could you tell or show how you did the rolled ropes. Double sided tape or some other method?

Back