GORCH FOCK by Mantua

How did you get the platforms to fit on the masts, the holes on the platform itself are a lot smaller than the masts?

Kadłub mam oszlifowany i pierwszą warstwę farby na nim. Zmieniłem deskowanie pokładu dziobowego i rufowego ze względu na szczeliny, które miałem między kadłubem a pokładami. Dotarcie tak daleko zajęło mi miesiąc

[ZAŁĄCZ=pełne]390248[/ZAŁĄCZ]
super
Mam też Gorch Fock na stole. Czy będziesz raportować?

cool
I also have Gorch Fock on the table. Will you report?

20230817_173802.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Derek. You have built an absolutely beautiful ship. Everything about this build is impressive. The size of the model, the color scheme and finishing you have applied to the lifeboats, the incredibly detailed and complicated rigging and last, but not least, a flawless execution. This build stands proud as your best to date by a considerable margin!

My build as the USCGC Eagle continues. I modified the vent pipes to be the square style that is currently on the Eagle instead of the round ones that you used in your build of the Gorch Fock. I will also be adding the Billings Boat anchor winch to the forecastle instead of the one given in the plans since it looks like the Eagles Anchor winch.

I also added the Eagle Name Plate to the stern. You build log had assisted me a lot in building this kit. With out it I never would hav gotten this far! Next step is to start the rigging. I am sure that it is going to be a challenge.

IMG_2358.jpeg

IMG_2359.jpeg

IMG_2360.jpeg

Continuing to convert the model of the Gorch Fock to the USCGC Eagle attached are photos of the actual forecastle of the Eagle showing its anchor wench and my conversion using the Billings Boat anchor wench. I think I using it makes it look closer to the EaglesIMG_2354.pngIMG_2373.jpeg

Dear @pgkdave . Why don't you start a build log independently of @gibby_74 's? That way we keep the Gorch Fock build exclusive.

Heinrich, I have two reason for not doing that,

The first is that I have never done a build log.

The second is that there is quite a few interactions within this log inquiring about how to convert her to the Eagle.

The third reason is that I am actuall following this build log to help me build this kit.

My intention is to show and suggest to those people interested in building her as the USCGC Eagle is that it can be done with a few modifications.

I am 75 years old and this is the second large kit that I am building so I am not that proficient enough to create a build log as you are suggesting.

Heinrich, I have two reason for not doing that,

The first is that I have never done a build log.

The second is that there is quite a few interactions within this log inquiring about how to convert her to the Eagle.

The third reason is that I am actuall following this build log to help me build this kit.

My intention is to show and suggest to those people interested in building her as the USCGC Eagle is that it can be done with a few modifications.

I am 75 years old and this is the second large kit that I am building so I am not that proficient enough to create a build log as you are suggesting.
Point well taken.

Starting a new kit the gorch fock by mantua. Doing an unboxing of this kit, definitely seems of better quality than the lynx. Big sheet of photoetched parts. This will be the biggest ship I have done so far. 3 sheet of plans that are printed front and back. Already started to dry fit the bulkheads to the frame.
Hallo @gibby_74
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day - how is your work on the Gorch Fock going?

Thank you all for your birthday wishes! I am awaiting a shipment of Mantua turnbuckles so that I can start the rigging of her. I don’t have the ability to make them as discussed in your build log

Back