GOLDEN HINDE by Canoe21 { Lawrence } Harold A Underhill Plans, Scale 1:60

DougW said:
Good recovery! I am sure the whole Ship Yard crew is please with the new look.
Doug

Hello Doug
I thank you very much for your visit to my build log. For your very kind words and nice comments. Yes, the little fellows and I are quite pleased with the new look and will be working along the same lines in the coming days to come. Our Mini Vacation was great lots of R & R, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

Once again I thank you all for all of your visits to my build log. For your very kind words and your nice comments. Well, we returned from my Admirals Birthday mini vacation on the French River. Lots of R & R, a bit of rain and caught no fish, had a great boat to explore the river and the scenery is just beautiful and very rugged.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows are well rested and we extended the forward Ploop Deck to give a bit of an overhang of the two aft deck doors. Yesterday we took on the task of building a Binnacle for ourGolden Hinde even though the real ship supposedly did not have a Wheel or a Binnacle, but we feel that these are a must for any ship even though these are not authentic. We did find that the Binnacle with its two compasses and an oil lantern a bit challenging as it is very small .660" or 16.75 mm long x .530" or 13.45 mm high x .240" or 6.12 mm high. Today we dry fitted them to the Ploop Deck and they both appear to fit in very well, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrenceimg_4596.jpgimg_4597.jpgimg_4598.jpg

Last edited:
zoly99sask said:
Hello Lawrene,your deck fittings are coming along nicely!!

Hello Zoltan

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log, for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes, the Golden Hind is starting to come togeather very slowely after my deck curvature boo - boo. I still have to make a few changes from my plans but nothing as drastic as the Ships Wheel and Binnacle that we feel every ship must have if even a 100 years ahead of its time, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log on the tiny little ship the Golden Hind. For all of your very kind words and overly nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I are slowly getting back into the swing of things again after catching up on all of my delayed household chores. We have added the two Ploop Deck Doors to the Bulkhead and ship lapped it, we have installed the upper deck plywood and planked it, we have also extended the overhang so that the upper deck overhangs the two Ploop Deck Doors. We have also tidied up the upper ship's frames getting them to blend in just a bit better, we feel that the G H is starting to look a lot better, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence img_4599_jpg_5cb8d30_DpSfG.jpgimg_4600_thumb_jpg_9_yWfgR.jpgimg_4601_thumb_jpg_0_L4DrA.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Lawrence,
I like the way that you finished the deck first then move on to the planking. I will do the same on my next build. It appears that you have more room to work that way. :handgestures-thumbup:
:music-rockout: :handgestures-salute: Looking good my friend.

Sgtmik said:
Hi Lawrence,
I like the way that you finished the deck first then move on to the planking. I will do the same on my next build. It appears that you have more room to work that way. :handgestures-thumbup:
:music-rockout: :handgestures-salute: Looking good my friend.

Hello Mike

I thank you bery much for your visit to my build log on the tiny little ship the G.H. For your very kind words and nice comments. Yes, this way of construction is rather new to me also, the big reason behind it is the Led Lights, I am just not sure of the best place to attach them and if I planked the hull first then I would lose access to thim, this way it at least gives me a choice of just where to put them. It douses give me a lot more room to arange my deck details that is for sure. However, the finer details like the stairs and so on will come much later, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

Once again I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log. For your very kind words and nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship[ Yard the little fellows and I have built and installed the upper deck Bulkhead with its one working door along its overhead deck and planked this deck with 2 mm cherry wood planks. We have also built and dry fitted the Mane Deck Companion way ladder that leads to the Lower Gun Deck. This just about completes all of the After Housing now we can install a few more Led Lights in this section before moving along to the the Forward Deck Housing, all of the Deck Details on the Decks are just dry fitted, for now, ENJOY.

Regards LawrenceIMG_4603.thumb.jpg.50564f5d8fe102c55af06c5bd12b1052.jpgIMG_4604.thumb.jpg.2bcc7b7db51280b7981dcd22a7bbeff6.jpgIMG_4605.thumb.jpg.45d029f89a4e138b1104ad1076fd2525.jpgIMG_4606.thumb.jpg.bf1ae2044741e5e189479da2ef07cccf.jpgIMG_4607.thumb.jpg.cf6c1ff9c97a35cbbce7eef240f59116.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Lawrence,
I was wondering does your table saw have aa tilt arbor? :?:
:music-rockout: :handgestures-salute:

Sgtmik said:
Hi Lawrence,
I was wondering does your table saw have aa tilt arbor? :?:

Hello Mike

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log on the Golden Hind. For your very kind words and nice comments. My little Byrnes table saw has a fixed arbor making it a very steady blade and cut. I have sawed paper thin strips of wood with this great little saw.

Byrnes does have a tilt table attachment that would allow you to do almost the same thing. However, I did not think that I needed one of those as of yet, but who knows maybe tomorrow, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Thanks Lawrence,
I am slowly trying to build up my ship yard. I recently bought a mini lathe to turn really small stuff. I use my dewalt drill to turn masts and spars, it works OK.
I have been looking at Micro-Lux table saw with a tilt arbor. It is going for $299.00, but the one with no tilt is around $125.00 I think. That's a big difference that could go toward and other tool.
Thanks for your help. :text-thankyouyellow:

Hi LAWRENCE,
I bought the MicroLux. I will keep you posted. :handgestures-thumbup:

Sgtmik said:
Hi LAWRENCE,
I bought the MicroLux. I will keep you posted. :handgestures-thumbup:

Hello Mike

That sure does sound like a great little saw and it sure dose have a lot of very nice features. Just looking at it in my Micro-Mark catalog. Let me how you like that Variable Speed motor, this sounds very interesting to me, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hi Mike

Looks like I have made another Boo-Boo, I had it figured that you had ordered the MicroLux Tilt Arbour band now it seems like you have ordered the Micro Lux Miniature Table Saw. It still looks like it will handle a lot of work in your Old Ship Yard, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hi Lawrence,
Yes, I bought the MicroLux tilt arbor table saw. I am anxious to give it a go. :banana-dance: :banana-rock:

Sgtmik said:
Hi Lawrence,
Yes, I bought the MicroLux tilt arbor table saw. I am anxious to give it a go. :banana-dance: :banana-rock:
Hi Mike

Great new avatar, sure does catch one's eye. How do you like your new saw.

Regards Lawrence

I am wanting the get the Micromark Tilting Arbor Saw myself - it is on sale now.

Donnie

(sorry - I am breaking my own rule by getting off topic)

Donnie said:
I am wanting the get the Micromark Tilting Arbor Saw myself - it is on sale now.

Donnie

(sorry - I am breaking my own rule by getting off topic)

Hello Donnie

This sure dose sound like a great little saw, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Ahoy Mates,
I haven't had a chance to use is yet as my workshop is too small. I waiting for the weather to cool off some so I can move to the garage. Las Vegas is just to hot in the summer.
:handgestures-salute:

Hello Ship Mates

I am back again after a lot of PC troubles. My old PC starting doing all kinds of strange things and I thought it was dying, so out I went and got a new ASUS intel 7 but in setting it up and changing files the same trouble came back so back to the store for a replacement , a couple of days later the same thing occurred so I replaced it with another new PC. Well I got the third PC home and it would not even start even though it ran fine at Best Buy, well that got me thinking and I removed all of the USB cables from the PC and it started just great. Well I said that is very strange so I labelled all of the USB cables and tried them one at a time and they all worked fine until I got to my external hard drive,[ my book] and then the PC would not start again , apon removing this USB cable every thing was fine again. Never realized that a external hard drive could do such a thing, My old PC is working just fine now along with my new PC that sure is very fast, All of this took me a month and away from the OLD SHIP YARD.

Back in the OLD SHIP YARD the little guys are well rested and we built and installed the Forward Focal twin doors and ship lapped the bulkhead, building hinges, door latch and cutting out and installing a couple of windows in the doors, ENJOY

Regards Lawrence
img_4661.jpgimg_4662.jpg

Last edited:
Back