Glory of the Seas 1869 clipper, scratch 1/96 by rwiederrich [COMPLETED BUILD]

Lastly, I added a new rail, that mimicked the original more closely and I added the bell as well.
Just have to Butten up a few more mods on the port cathead and glue a few things down and this correction will be finished.
She not replicates the forecastle of the Glory of the Seas more accurately...and I can now sleep at night.
Ladders will be added next to complete the remodel

View attachment 317281

View attachment 317291
Beautiful, accurate and very impressive work on the masts and sails.
Well done friend
Shoto....thanks. I've been researching this clipper for over 10 years and I have been building clippers for over 45 years. I'm trying to be as hyper accurate as possible. The rigging cannot be treated any less. Nothing will be omitted. Nothing is too small or insignificant... that I can replicate in this scale.

Rob

Thanks everyone for the generous likes and thank you Uwek for the fine compliment.
As much as I like to think I'm producing an accurate replication of Glory of the Seas.....I *still* find myself making the most armature mistakes and gross oversights.

I have to be so mindful of so many details that must happen in precise sequence, that I still overlook so many things. Not to mention a plethora of Mismeasurements and sloppy craftmanship.
Details that do not go unnoticed by me nor the most discriminating eye.

I'm still just a *Hack* modeler in my own assessment.

Rob

I shot a comparison image to check my accuracy. What do you think? The angle, optical distortions and lack of my miniature helpers(apparently they are camera shy), aren’t exactly the same…… but it’s close.

Rob

1CEFEA5B-9AF8-4F6D-B803-77E85720B44B.jpeg

81FA54C6-58D6-492F-97D9-316109499AF3.jpeg

Last edited:
I shot a comparison image to check my accuracy. What do you think? The angle, optical distortions and lack of my miniature helpers(apparently they are camera shy), aren’t exactly the same…… but it’s close.

Rob

View attachment 322799

View attachment 322801
Always nice to see some comparisons, Rob. It’s looking great!
Then you are going to look on a different way to your model. I did it also with my Lee.
Main problem is the type of camera lenses.
They used bellows lenses. That is now almost impossible to imitate with a model.
But gives you fulfillment when you make ik close.
Regards, Peter

Thanks everyone for the fine compliments and comments. The original image had to have been taken from the forecastle, to get the proper height. I'm sure some type of magnification apparatus was employed...plus the focal point appears to be very long, cuz so much of the image is in focus.
Anyway....I use it to validate structures , their accuracy and their relationship to one another.

Rob

Back