Friesland - Mamoli scale 1:75

Hello dear friends
Today I spent about three and a half hours just on the planking finishes above the blackboard I installed yesterday. In some areas I noticed that there was a gap of between 1-2 millimeters left. I filled it with thin boards to create a particularly beautiful and precise finish.
then I repainted the black boards at their horizontal edges so that even if I looked at it from below or above it would show a black color and not the wood.
after that I through a magnifying glass over all the blackboards and those in between and made repairs and finishes.
I admit I did not imagine it would take almost 4 hours, but it took to achieve respectable results.
I know there will be many more hours of finishes after each significant stage of the construction process:cool::D

20211106_111840.jpg20211106_112624.jpg20211106_162041.jpg20211106_112713.jpg

Hello dear friends
Today I spent about three and a half hours just on the planking finishes above the blackboard I installed yesterday. In some areas I noticed that there was a gap of between 1-2 millimeters left. I filled it with thin boards to create a particularly beautiful and precise finish.
then I repainted the black boards at their horizontal edges so that even if I looked at it from below or above it would show a black color and not the wood.
after that I through a magnifying glass over all the blackboards and those in between and made repairs and finishes.
I admit I did not imagine it would take almost 4 hours, but it took to achieve respectable results.

I know there will be many more hours of finishes after each significant stage of the construction process:cool::D
View attachment 268083View attachment 268081View attachment 268084View attachment 268082
A magnifying glass, huh? Now that’s meticulous.

Looking great Shota!

This is one of the things I am finding I really like about this hobby-the fact that I can get so involved in what I'm doing that I do lose sense of the time. They say "time flies when you're having fun".

Glenn

Good evening friends
Today I managed to dedicate about 4 hours to continue building the ship.
For me it is no small achievement, to find time in the middle of the week for the ship (family, children, work, etc.).
So what did I do?
I moved to the other side of the ship and completed the Laying of the boards for planking including the third black board. This required the completion of boards, in two layers, painting the third board in black and making sure the boards were symmetrical on both sides.

even I have got good results, I now that I I must make final finishes.
20211109_182544.jpg20211109_182558.jpg20211109_182608.jpg
20211109_195801.jpg
20211109_190530.jpg
20211109_224357.jpg
20211109_224323.jpg20211109_224339.jpg

That was not an easy task to do by the look of things. Now you can look forward to the rest of the build with confidence.

Good evening friends
Today I managed to dedicate about 4 hours to continue building the ship.
For me it is no small achievement, to find time in the middle of the week for the ship (family, children, work, etc.).
So what did I do?
I moved to the other side of the ship and completed the Laying of the boards for planking including the third black board. This required the completion of boards, in two layers, painting the third board in black and making sure the boards were symmetrical on both sides.
even I have got good results, I now that I I must make final finishes.
View attachment 268679View attachment 268680View attachment 268681
View attachment 268686
View attachment 268682
View attachment 268683
View attachment 268685View attachment 268684
Looking Very good- I like ships with white below the waterline.( just a personal thing) Is your staying a such or is this a primer? I read that before a certain period most European and British ships had white. Even the Victory prior to copper plating had a white hull below the waterline.

Looking Very good- I like ships with white below the waterline.( just a personal thing) Is your staying a such or is this a primer? I read that before a certain period most European and British ships had white. Even the Victory prior to copper plating had a white hull below the waterline.
This is the situation I would like to stay in in terms of color, which is ivory white

Back