Cutty Sark Semi Kit 1/40 Prototype

Currently I am not planning to produce this at any other scale than 1/40, as I said at the start this was a request for a single client and I merely wanted to put it out into the community in case any others wanted it in this scale as well.
To produce this even at 1/48 would involve having to completely redo the 3d model and start from scratch again, not only is it a huge amount of work but I would have to charge my time and make an already expensive semi kit simply too much for most people.
I am happy to do it at 1/40 though, any request, for this please pm from now on as the prototype is finished now and client has the model.
I do want a minimum number of orders to make this viable and this is not the only site I have done a build on for this particular project.

Currently I am not planning to produce this at any other scale than 1/40, as I said at the start this was a request for a single client and I merely wanted to put it out into the community in case any others wanted it in this scale as well.
To produce this even at 1/48 would involve having to completely redo the 3d model and start from scratch again, not only is it a huge amount of work but I would have to charge my time and make an already expensive semi kit simply too much for most people.
I am happy to do it at 1/40 though, any request, for this please pm from now on as the prototype is finished now and client has the model.
I do want a minimum number of orders to make this viable and this is not the only site I have done a build on for this particular project.
i would be interested

Hello. What is the price of the drawings?
I have not done any drawings to date, and in the short term I can't see myself getting time to do them.

I am going to have to wrap this up as its simply too expensive, and nobody is prepared to pay the price for this as it stands now even with currency rate differences.
I can't do this for less than $2000AU and in reality was going to say $2500AU the material alone is nearly $1000AU once you take into account CNC cutters, timber and high Quality ply, but then I have to factor in the time to stand over and watch and run the CNC which is days, you don't just leave a CNC and walk away.
The only way that this could still be practical is to source the ply yourself at the correct thickness and I send the people Cutting it on the CNC files , that would be the other option I am prepared to do and could be done for a LOT less.
Even this has potential issues as depending on the machine they would need to re path the files for that machine, and I would only be providing the CAD dxf files, and that would take them 3-4 hours to do as well.
I can only provide usable CNC files ready to go for someone with a Stepcraft D840 or bigger as that is what I have used.
That option could be about $200

Last edited:
I am in the process of finding the name of the supplier in Europe who makes the ply, Its Finnish Ply but I need to know who to send people to to get it.
It has to be the same ply as the joints will not go together if it's out more than .1 or .2mm

Back