Command Deck.- Mantua / Panart #709

Ok todays was time to finish a few tasks started earlier.

First was Capt’s cabin side windows. I had previously glued wire like paper to inside of window frames. But to hold frames in place I first glued small scraps across top and bottom of window on the inside. Then I glued in the two windows and finally added the exterior frame piece. Now all windows are done and just need soft candle light inside!

IMG_0881.jpegIMG_0880.jpegIMG_0882.jpeg

IMG_0883.jpegIMG_0884.jpegIMG_0885.jpeg
Next up was the ropes for the cannon doors on gun deck. Not an easy task due to location of frames for the deck. I had to drill a few holes at angle to clear internal frames. Then I threaded a rope from inside bottom to the top, crossed over behind and out the opposite side top and then down inside the other bottom. After I had tension adjusted I added a drop of super glue to insides and cut off excess and repeated five more times.

Lastly I started cutting out the step pieces for the two steps to poop deck. More on that in a day or two. Also I started clean up on the six crew members To get them ready for painting so they will be ready to man the ship when complete!

Dear Kurt
you are doing wonderful work, I like the deadeyes, the wire screen windows and the cannons :) Okay

Ok a few more task done tonight.

I installed back two cannons under steps with only breech ropes as you don’t have room and couldn’t see other lines behind the steps.

Next I completed handrails for steps and then glued them in place.

Lastly with winter season sitting in the Captain needed his heater exhaust stack installed to keep his cabin warm!

IMG_0904.jpegIMG_0905.jpegIMG_0907.jpegIMG_0906.jpeg

Ok a few more task done tonight.

I installed back two cannons under steps with only breech ropes as you don’t have room and couldn’t see other lines behind the steps.

Next I completed handrails for steps and then glued them in place.

Lastly with winter season sitting in the Captain needed his heater exhaust stack installed to keep his cabin warm!

View attachment 414116View attachment 414117View attachment 414118View attachment 414119
Good morning Kurt. Excellent work on the details. Looking really good. Cheers Grant

Happy Birthday, Kurt!! Birthday-Cake Don’t get all weird about getting older! Our age is merely the number of years the world has been enjoying us!

Back