Chaperon 1884 Stern Wheeler

Good evening Peter...I have a feeling Jan enjoys each and every “ouch” thoroughly. Cheers Grant
Grant, you are absolutely right. I only hope his ”pain” can be eased with several BeerBeerBeer
Hopefully this is not the case:
The Masochist asks the Sadist, "Hit me."
Says the Sadist: "........No!"

Those toothpicks look more like chopsticks. ROTF
ROTFIndeed, I think you’re right. I‘m trying for a different look for that little veranda. I’ve substituted Mahogany for all the Stanchions on every deck but decided against Mahogany for this part. This is probably the most visual of all the decks so “eye candy” is the name of the game. :D

So what's a guy do while waiting for glue to dry and set on the alternate build. In my case you get inventive. The Admiral brought home some fancy top toothpicks from the grocery store. I snatched five and

View attachment 321010

I think I have the start of another pathfinder modification.

:D
I like those “chopsticks “ Jan. Looking good for sure. Cheers Grant

The wheelhouse, pillars and railings all look first class!
Thank you for the comment. I like all the little changes I've made so far. I've reworked the steps to the Pilothouse numerous times so far. One of these days the lightbulb will go off and I'll get that part figured out.

61040EC4-3A60-420E-BA17-5B1D2150BD53_1_201_a.jpeg

I don't know why but the whole step structure seems off to me.

That's a good idea. I'm also playing with extending the steps down past the skylight. I bothers me that the steps end at that platform that abuts the skylight.

Good morning Jan. This looks like you are having a lot of fun building this Chaperon. Cheers Grant
Hi Grant. Yup, the Chaperon has become my “time out kit”, almost like reverse therapy. When things go “South” on my other build the Sternwheeler is a great distraction.

Notice the need to step over the decorative bits. I think avoiding that is what opened this can of worms...
Yup, that little piece of “Bling” is at the root of this AL-FI work. I probably should have followed the kits instructions and then placed the finished build on the highest bookshelf in the Den so no one would notice the step over :p:p:p:p

The stairs.

View attachment 321990

Found this picture on Google Images (Don’t know the author) but I think this set of stairs is a better idea.
Hi Jan. That option for that stairs (post #615) looks indeed better then the kits version, almost like the 3D version:
4E508243-E454-4A50-B5FB-7B2F65804170.jpeg
A small step over the decoration is much better then this big step.
Regards, Peter

A small step over the decoration is much better then this big step.
Peter, I think you are right. But I also think that the top stair platform should be even with the Pilot house walkway. That would "close in/hide" the decoration.

The other thing that's been bothering me is the "Guard Rails". The Main deck and Boiler deck have them but the Hurricane deck does not.

Back