Build Log: Endurance - Occre - by Bill Hime

Thanks, really good to see these plans
I've got beyond the point in my build where it would have been relatively easy to do so now I have a dilemma...
I've started planking the hull so it's now or never. I have today to think about it.

The tricky part is cutting the vertical mdf bulkhead if you decide to open up this area. You have to then extend the deck under the foredeck and build the wc and lamproom on each side….but this is all possible before you plank the hull. Just take your time.
I made the modification to mine and I think it looks much better and more accurate.
Sorry if I have drifted off your thread but hope this is of interest/help?
I should add I also added led lights to the interior so all the portholes will be illuminated at night, via a hidden switch and small battery box.
Hopefully more details of the actual ship will be revealed in the autumn when the expedition which discovered the wreck eventually airs on TV.

1C178F67-5CFA-403C-AB1D-327E9230E789.jpeg

The tricky part is cutting the vertical mdf bulkhead if you decide to open up this area. You have to then extend the deck under the foredeck and build the wc and lamproom on each side….but this is all possible before you plank the hull. Just take your time.
I made the modification to mine and I think it looks much better and more accurate.
Sorry if I have drifted off your thread but hope this is of interest/help?
I should add I also added led lights to the interior so all the portholes will be illuminated at night, via a hidden switch and small battery box.
Hopefully more details of the actual ship will be revealed in the autumn when the expedition which discovered the wreck eventually airs on TV.

View attachment 319492
I have decided that this level of kit bashing may be a step too far for my skills. It is only my second build. If I wanted to do it then I should have done it before fixing the foredeck.
Thanks for the deck plans etc.
I am now planking the hull which you will soon be able to see on my build log on this forum.

This is the first ship I'm actually going to finish! There's been multiple attempts to start builds in the past. They never came to fruition. But now life has provided the time -

So here we go, I'm really excited about this ship. I read the story in Nat'l Geographic when I was a kid. After -The Endurance was forever instilled in my mind. It was exciting to see that somebody put out a model of this historic vessel.

That's it! picture uploads tomorrow!
Hallo @Bill Hime
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @Bill Hime
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Thank you for the birthday wish, Uwek!

Well I ended up working alot of overtime in ICU the beginning of this year, leaving little time for anything else. Missed all of you terribly. Missed my passions even more. I did spend some time writing, working on my blog and creating a podcast that's still in the works.

But the bench is clean, the Endurance sits front and center. I've got a lot of reading to catch up on here. Many of you finished projects in my absence, I'm eager to see what everyone is up to!
So happy to be back.. again!

Cheers to All! Bill Hime

Hi Bill. Happy Birthday , welcome back and most of all thank you for all that OT in the ICU. I'm sure many people have benefited from your work. Now on with the Endurance build. I'm looking forward to the next installment,

Thank you for the birthday wish, Uwek!

Well I ended up working alot of overtime in ICU the beginning of this year, leaving little time for anything else. Missed all of you terribly. Missed my passions even more. I did spend some time writing, working on my blog and creating a podcast that's still in the works.

But the bench is clean, the Endurance sits front and center. I've got a lot of reading to catch up on here. Many of you finished projects in my absence, I'm eager to see what everyone is up to!
So happy to be back.. again!

Cheers to All! Bill Hime
Welcome back.
I have just finished my Endurance and incorporated one of your enhancements and clad the deck cabin. That inspired me to make a few other mods along the way. I'm still waiting to have some decent photos to upload otherwise my build log is done.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the build as much as I did.

Welcome back.
I have just finished my Endurance and incorporated one of your enhancements and clad the deck cabin. That inspired me to make a few other mods along the way. I'm still waiting to have some decent photos to upload otherwise my build log is done.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the build as much as I did.
So glad to hear some of my ideas worked for! Can't wait to see!

Back