Beginner, trying bounty boat by Occre.

I agree with Graham and Vick. The learning curve is always a slippery slope. And it ain't surgery. You get as many Do-Overs as you like.

Pete

Last edited:
I do not know how to do this. this is how the 3 plank from keel lay naturally. if I just glue it it would look like a viking ship at the bow. Do I have to twist the plank? I know something went really wrong with this build, but I thought I Followed the instruction up until planking.
20230827_192403 1.jpg20230827_192537 1.jpg

I think some of the instructions in these older continental kits are worse than useless. You will have to seek out other resources to apply. It also helps to decide between Carvel (edge to edge strakes) or Lapstrake (overlapping strakes). There is a difference in how they are laid.
Possibly Google Kammerlander model boat building method and see what comes up. Also, on the Endeavour thread by Johny-B he has posted a whole set of photos on his process for building and planking ship's boats like yours. Definitely check that out.
I'll pour through my library and see what's possibly available and of any help and let you know what I find. In the meantime, have a Coffeeor aBeer. no pressure. ;)

Pete

Last edited:
They usually do have to be twisted and turned. It might also help to bevel the edge so the planks snug up to each other better. The front ends usually have to be tapered at the bottom as well. On my Galilee Boat, I ran into the same issue.

Last edited:
Back