Anteo Harbour Tug. Panart

Good morning all, again thanks for your likes. My last post was the recovery of the decks which was a success but in my euphoria and after posting I realised that I was a bit out of sync with the build and missed an earlier session that I’d photographed, so here’s a description of where I was at.

I made up the units for the navigation lights and cut the opening in the bridge to house them. Prior to fitting I painted them, red/green then glued them into place. I made up from 10 x 2mm strip the hand rails, fitted them and a lower beading for the bridge. Using the same strip I made up and fitted into place the deck edging. I stained and varnished them all continuing with the mahogany theme. Not an overcomplicated process but just basic model joinery, but once again very enjoyable.

077.jpg

077a.jpg

088.jpg

090.jpg

092.jpg

093.jpg

095.jpg

If you had not told us about the problem with the paint bleeding into unwanted areas we never would have known. Beautiful recovery job.

Jim
Hi Jim, Thanks, I think that modellers are their own worst critics, we are so close to the model during a build, that we see every imperfection, imperfections that nobody else would notice but we magnify their importance in our own minds and aren’t happy unless we do our best to rectify them, I think that’s the nature of our hobby

Hello, following your wonderful construction, I see that you have put some brass frames on the outside of the bridge windows that I assume came with the kit, that's right, right? In the same way as the exterior metal coating of the bows, gunwales and transom.
The level of detail in the bridge is great, I love it, you just need to hang a jacket from the pilot's chair... (it`s only an idea, ;))
Thank you for sharing.

Hello, following your wonderful construction, I see that you have put some brass frames on the outside of the bridge windows that I assume came with the kit, that's right, right? In the same way as the exterior metal coating of the bows, gunwales and transom.
The level of detail in the bridge is great, I love it, you just need to hang a jacket from the pilot's chair... (it`s only an idea, ;))
Thank you for sharing.
Hi Adry, Welcome to my build, good to have you along. Yes the brass sheet came with the kit but it was not as it appeared. It wasn't brass, it was coated steel with a shiny coloured laquer finish. I wasn't going to use it as such but when I started to sand it with very fine grit to give it a key for painting it started to give the appearance of brass which gave me the idea of the type of colour scheme Brass/Mahogany that I would use. If you look at some of the sheathing you'll see a copper colour starting to show through, I had to be very careful with sanding to not go through to this coat. It's usually cold in the UK so the captain keeps his jacket on. When the roof is on you can hardly see any interior detailing so I did it with just the basic needed not to look empty.

Hello Ken! Hello modelers, SOS readers! Ken's models look great in my opinion, and his build books rival the build manuals. And I won't be wrong if I say that Ken's build logs will be better.. Please continue, Ken! with best wishes Egor! Thumbsup :p

Reactions: Ken
Back