And Another Bluenose

At least it will be once I get it. I am in the final stages of building the Amati Mayflower ( https://www.youtube.com/channel ) and have been promising myself and my subscribers the Bluenose for quite some time. I have only just joined this forum, but loving it so far. I have looked through a few of the Bluenose builds and one thing stands out to me on all of them, the superstructures all look out of scale, not the actual size of them but the thickness of the wood used, on things like hatch covers, doors and roofs. Looking forward to getting started.

A big welcome to the Bluenose Group Build Paul. Tomorrow I will process everything with Xiuli and hopefully I will be able to post a nice picture of your kit leaving China tomorrow evening in the Thread Payment and Ordering on the Main Page. That is also when I will officially welcome you to the Bluenose family!

Hi Paul. From my side also a warm welcom. Hopefully your BN is sailing quick to your and you can continue your build-log with the building.
I will ad you on the BN-list whit also the specs from Heinrich.
About the deck-items: as far as I'm concerned, they are also a bit too coarse and I make them scratch. But you can use them and adjust them.
(And I did ‘some more’ what is not in the manual ;))
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
A big welcome to the Bluenose Group Build Paul. Tomorrow I will process everything with Xiuli and hopefully I will be able to post a nice picture of your kit leaving China tomorrow evening in the Thread Payment and Ordering on the Main Page. That is also when I will officially welcome you to the Bluenose family!
Do I pay now?

Hi Heinrich
Is there a recommended site to buy this kit ?

thanks

Jim

Paul…your observation about sense of scale is spot on. Building/modeling in scale is the most difficult aspect of model ship building…mainly due to the materials we have to work with. I believe we all struggle with scale but in the end do the best we can with what we have. In my experience one’s “eye” is often very accurate…if it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Made a start already. I have looked through so many builds since I ordered it, so I was keen to get started. I had already decided to strengthen the jig using melamine shelving I had in the garage, it will give extra strength and stop any twisting, and as none of the notches are cut out, it also allows me to fit the ribs to a solid base and still be able to work inside the hull. Plus first frame glued. Happy days. :D I have to say, I am disappointed to say the least with the quality of the base supplied, a piece of MDF with a vinyl top, it looks like a cheap discarded old draw front, I definitely will not be using that. 20220822_172517.jpg20220822_172535.jpg20220822_172542.jpg

Back