Amerigo Vespucci Mantua/Panart 1:84

Well, here goes...
With the help and advice of others on this forum I have bitten the bullet and ordered the Panart kit from a company on Ebay. My first Ebay order ever!
At 760€ it is a big step for me, albeit a good price for this model, but encouragement from Pauls Models on his log and from lady means that I am expecting delivery within the next two weeks.
So I have to start planning. First step is to move the man cave out of the cupboard and into the spare bedroom because at 1250mm the ship it would simply not fit my existing workspace.
Quite a step up from the Occre Endurance. Let's hope I'm equal to the task...

It's arrived! I still have work to do in order to get the man cave ready so unboxing has to wait until Sunday/Monday. IMG_20230630_163021.jpg
I did look at the instruction set and at first sight they appear clear and comprehensive.
Very much looking forward to getting this kit started.

I will like to watch this - the A.V. has always been a favorite.

I too am fascinated by this kit so I will follow your build with rapt interest. Keep the build logs and pictures coming, please.

Thanks for the interest. Let's hope I can live up to expectations.
Finished moving my work area into the new man cave today. It was a much needed move as the old one only allowed for a 95cm model. The AV at 1m 25cm needs al the space my lovely wife will allow.
Now down to some planning and reading ahead in the instructions and plans.
Unboxing tomorrow perhaps.

It's arrived! I still have work to do in order to get the man cave ready so unboxing has to wait until Sunday/Monday. View attachment 382153
I did look at the instruction set and at first sight they appear clear and comprehensive.
Looking forward to the unboxing. I have just finished an Amati model. So it will be interesting to see the quality of this make.

It's arrived! I still have work to do in order to get the man cave ready so unboxing has to wait until Sunday/Monday. View attachment 382153
Good morning.A Beautiful ship. Enjoy and I will pull up a chair. Cheers Grant

Now settled in the new man cave and find that I need another drawer unit to house the mass of material in the AV kit.

Bought from Kreativity World on Ebay.
750€ plus 10€ shipping.
All new complete kit (no. 741) so a very good price.
Unboxing:
The Panart quality at first glance seems and feels much better quality than that of the Occre kits that I have had in the past.
IMG_20230702_130614.jpgIMG_20230702_130527.jpg

IMG_20230702_131400.jpgIMG_20230702_131218.jpgIMG_20230702_131144.jpgIMG_20230702_130850.jpgIMG_20230702_131723.jpg
Rolled around one of the long bundles of wood strips I discovered this:IMG_20230702_132727.jpg
A 98cm x 68cm picture of the finished model. Let's hope I can replicate it.

Looking forward to the unboxing. I have just finished an Amati model. So it will be interesting to see the quality of this make.
I have never made an Amati kit but even at first look this is much better than Occre.
The instructions and drawings are also much better. Until I get a little bit into the build I won't be able to comment on how easy they are too follow, but what little I've read so far seems very clear.

Now settled in the new man cave and find that I need another drawer unit to house the mass of material in the AV kit.

Bought from Kreativity World on Ebay.
750€ plus 10€ shipping.
All new complete kit (no. 741) so a very good price.
Unboxing:
The Panart quality at first glance seems and feels much better quality than that of the Occre kits that I have had in the past.
View attachment 382452View attachment 382453

View attachment 382454View attachment 382455View attachment 382456View attachment 382457View attachment 382458
Rolled around one of the long bundles of wood strips I discovered this:View attachment 382460
A 98cm x 68cm picture of the finished model. Let's hope I can replicate it.
Hi Barcomad, the white colored hull is not real, Frank

Hello
Good luck with your build' I'l definitely follow your progress as I am also currently building this kit

Great pics Frank! I did not realize this ship had a steel hull. I would love to model the hall featuring all the rivet lines.
It crossed my mind to do the rivets also but I'm not sure that I'm up to the task.
New man cave nearly complete with new drawer unit so will start this weekend on the build itself.

On this web-page you will find several very good photos, also some showing her during her main refit 2013 in La Spezia shoiwng the hull in the dry dock

also this page could be helpful

there are a lot of photos existing showing the steel hull in the dry docks, but unfortunately I am not able in moment to "catch" them

Screenshot 2023-07-06 162856.png

all of them have the logo "Marina Militare" at the right bottom - maybe you contact them directly to get some additional information

Screenshot 2023-07-06 163210.png

There are a lot of contact data (on the italian, not the english web-page) - I think "ufficio Storico" mean historical office

Back