1682 HMY Fubbs 1:24 scale

You have made very good progress, my friend. A belated but very blessed Easter to you and your family as well.
Hello Heinrich, I thank you for your Easter wishes they are very much appreciated Bernadette and I send along our also belated Happy Easter wishes.
Yes we are making progression our HMY Fubbs, but it seams very slow at that, just too many other chores to look after.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, It has been a busy week here in the The Old Ship Yard. We started the week of soaking the two Limber Stakes over night in water so as to be able to bend thin in the AM. We clamped and bent the Limber Stakes to the hull in order to set the curve to the hull. This left us unable to work on the hull for the day, so to fill in this time frame we decided to work om the Parq. Flooring in the Great Room. Once started we found it hard to put down so we just had to finish.
Regards Lawrence
+-

IMG_0887 (1).JPG

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates, It has been a busy week here in the The Old Ship Yard. We started the week of soaking the two Limber Stakes over night in water so as to be able to bend thin in the AM. We clamped and bent the Limber Stakes to the hull in order to set the curve to the hull. This left us unable to work on the hull for the day, so to fill in this time frame we decided to work om the Parq. Flooring in the Great Room. Once started we found it hard to put down so we just had to finish.
Regards Lawrence
+-

View attachment 440479
That’s a Great Flooring, Lawrence.
Regards, Peter

Nice job Lawrence. The rudder is something I was pushing to do it later. But I think the time has come on my built. I am getting again the model ship building bug, after a brake with my Cash registers hobby. Still restoring them, but it's time to change a little and go back to Fubbs.

Cheers
Daniel

I was totally flabbergasted by the looks of the Great Room's floor. Not only by the quality of the woodwork, but also by it's size. So I took another look at your builds' title and found you're building a 1:24 model. Now the size of the Great Room's floor makes sense.
(Still thinking 1:72 dimensions..)

Nice job Lawrence. The rudder is something I was pushing to do it later. But I think the time has come on my built. I am getting again the model ship building bug, after a brake with my Cash registers hobby. Still restoring them, but it's time to change a little and go back to Fubbs.

Cheers
Daniel
Hello Daniel, Yes the rudder, this I wanted to get out of the way as it required a fair bit of fitting, I still have to touch it up a bit but we are satisficed with the results so far with a little more help. Great work you are doing on your Cash Registers , I still remember these from far back, was always amazed at how the cost always popped up.
Regards Lawrence

I was totally flabbergasted by the looks of the Great Room's floor. Not only by the quality of the woodwork, but also by it's size. So I took another look at your builds' title and found you're building a 1:24 model. Now the size of the Great Room's floor makes sense.
(Still thinking 1:72 dimensions..)
Hello Johan, Thanks for your very kind words, yes the Great Room Deck is quite large at 11 3/4" or 298.45 mm long and 9 3/8' or 238.125 mm wide. Not at all like that of the YQ-Bluenose.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Daniel, Yes the rudder, this I wanted to get out of the way as it required a fair bit of fitting, I still have to touch it up a bit but we are satisficed with the results so far with a little more help. Great work you are doing on your Cash Registers , I still remember these from far back, was always amazed at how the cost always popped up.
Regards Lawrence
For you:

20240217_191405.jpg

Regards Lawrence
+-

View attachment 440479
Good evening Lawrence. You totally owned the great cabin flooring. Well done. Cheers Grant

Hello Ship Mates, Yesterday the little fellows and I did a little rebuild on the ships rudder, taking away a few of the rough edges. We also glued in the Limber Stakes after many attempts to get the bend to hold long enough for the glue to set. We achieved this feet with the help of Bernadette's hair dryer. We also cleaned up the Limber Board Covers.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_0897.JPG

IMG_0899.JPG

Once again, very nice work and an interesting addition to the rudder.

However, this time it's your turn to see if you can find an 'Undo' button. The Limber board covers are supposed to be removable, but I'm assuming you've glued them in place.

You need a gap for the mast step!

Back