YQ Bluenose Ted R

Good morning Ted. I personally would put the treenails in. Johan is correct that at certain scale, treenails don’t work. A tip I got from Uwek, if using toothpicks push them through a draw plate to get the shape first- does take some time tho . They trim off neat and more round. Cheers Grant

I ordered a drawplate but it hasn't arrived. I did get the brass nails I ordered from Drydock Shipyards. Please note the description of the content of the envelope.
2 tricycles, scooters and pedal cars. IMG20240324090751.jpgq

The nails fro Drydock Shipyards are of a much higher quality than those left over fro my Artesiana Latina build. Also the size of the nail heads would have been perfect to represent bolts in the frames. Having already used toothpicks on the first twenty frames I'm not changing course midstream.

I ordered a Byrne's draw plate and was shipped a plastic drawplate. Got my money back but now k can't find where to order the real one. I guess the website is currently on hold

I'm also looking for a source for.6 mm brass nails. Model ship dockyard is out of stock and I can't find any other source l.

I would like to take a moment and express my gratitude for the advice, hints, corrections you guys have given me. The help has been invaluable and is greatly appreciated.
I knew the changeover was coming up but wasn't sure where. Thanks for the info. Just In Time.
I have a big question. I'm filing the frames to fit the keel. So far this connection has been kept really tight. Now I'm wondering how I'm going to get the frames in one by one with the keel inverted. My current thinking is to complete the frame building/fitting process and then go back and make the connection looser. I don't know how loose and still keep tolerances. I still have to make the marks shown on the individual frame plans
Please advise if in totally off track.

17119274073034844304613007472923.jpg Thirty two frames erected.
Happy Easter

Back