YQ Bluenose Ted R

Installed part 102 on Port side. Shaped part 102 for starboard side but found frame 5 out of alignment. (It fits perfectly on the Port side.)
Will use the clamps I made from Peters build log to try and pull the frame into alignment.

Prepped port part 103. Temp installed The aft spacers and put in the temp wood alignment to assure proper elevation. Hope to have both parts 103 installed tomorrow.

I wish my work would be as nice as that seen on this site.
My skill set is just not that advanced no matter how hard I try. Keep building,keep learning and gaining modeling skills l
Ted
Good afternoon Ted. I love this log. Your perseverance and desire to get this right is an example to myself. I share your exclamation re skill sets. I look at the other guys here on SOS and just wonder how they do it. I guess as we go, one day we will find out ;) . Cheers Grant

Good afternoon Ted. I love this log. Your perseverance and desire to get this right is an example to myself. I share your exclamation re skill sets. I look at the other guys here on SOS and just wonder how they do it. I guess as we go, one day we will find out ;) . Cheers Grant
I don't think I have enough years left to catch up with these guys , being 76. I have developed quite a few skill sets over the years so I can't complain. Everything from building, tuning and racing top fuel dragsters and funny cars to restoration and flying light aircraft. I've general contacted and built 400 unit apartment complexes, homes to the stars in Beverly hills and Malibu; office building on Ventura Blvd but am having fits getting two little sticks to match up properly. The main thing is I'm having a lot of fun trying. I think this model will be a thing of beauty but it won't be more than marginally accurate.
Thanks for your response
Ted

So for today's installment or what's this clown up to I present my latest disaster.
I have installed the lower deck bearing beams in backwards.
You may notice the debonder wetting the parts. If don't know where to laugh or cry.
On the bright side I have finished the mega doses of medication that makes me so ill (and maybe stupid)
Happy modeling
Ted17164031944928918416703512271986.jpg

Are their any spare planking strips (B059)? The only other kit I've built didn't even have one spare strip.
Have reassembled all the parts I removed except for one sister keelson. The one I removed should be replaced but I would rather have a marginal piece buried deep inside the hull rather than to have to use it later outside the hull.
17164301544015777450594511607663.jpg

There are enough planks to take one out.
Thanks. Once again the results were better the second time around. I don't know if it's from experience or because the parts fit better when installed properly. Lol.
I glued the nails, cut the protrusions and filed them flush to the underside of the beams prior to installing. I don't want to weaken the frames with to many drill holes.
I got all the char removed from the lower deck beams too.
Back on track
Ted

Thanks. Once again the results were better the second time around. I don't know if it's from experience or because the parts fit better when installed properly. Lol.
I glued the nails, cut the protrusions and filed them flush to the underside of the beams prior to installing. I don't want to weaken the frames with to many drill holes.
I got all the char removed from the lower deck beams too.
Back on track
Ted
There were very few steps where I didn’t encounter one or two redo’s…

but am having fits getting two little sticks to match up properly. The main thing is I'm having a lot of fun trying. I think this model will be a thing of beauty but it won't be more than marginally accurate.
Good morning Ted. I am in the same "ship" ;) . I definitely concur with the main objective of having fun building these little ships. Cheers Grant

Right now I'm involved in a scratch build aircraft. So far there isn't any part I didn't manufacture twice (apart from the skids).
Could you share some photos. The only scratch build i was ever involved in was the rubber bandit. It was an attempt ata rubber band powered manned flight . I worked mostly on the ribs. They were about 3/64" thick carbon fiber. Eventually the owner refused to fly it and wouldn't let anyone else try.

Back