Windlass motor

This looks to me like a product that only an engineer could understand and "CAD up". Outstanding detailing for your "foundation" part to accept the presently missing components. Rich
Thanks Rich.
It appears to be a basic motor, with two valves and one spark plug. The crank case is the side with the two flywheels, which runs a horizontaly driven piston. Off the crank is a rod that connects to an external rocker arm, with external spring, that operates the valves. The distributor is run off the crank too. And the exhaust is the pipe in the front. The other pipe is an oil fill. Anyway, that’s a basic overview. ;)
Definitely interesting. :)

Thanks Rich.
It appears to be a basic motor, with two valves and one spark plug. The crank case is the side with the two flywheels, which runs a horizontaly driven piston. Off the crank is a rod that connects to an external rocker arm, with external spring, that operates the valves. The distributor is run off the crank too. And the exhaust is the pipe in the front. The other pipe is an oil fill. Anyway, that’s a basic overview. ;)
Definitely interesting. :)
Your description sounds like it is your motor mechanic side associated with your slot cars collecting. I don't know that much about engines so you have given me an interesting insight. Rich

Your description sounds like it is your motor mechanic side associated with your slot cars collecting. I don't know that much about engines so you have given me an interesting insight. Rich
Actually, when in high school, I bought my first car...a sports car. Then I started working on my car to make it faster, etc. I have been interested in motors, cars and motorcycles, since a very young age. ;)

Actually, when in high school, I bought my first car...a sports car. Then I started working on my car to make it faster, etc. I have been interested in motors, cars and motorcycles, since a very young age. ;)
The British Morgan caught my eye back in the 60s but an MG TD-F would do very nicely as I like the classic radiator. My long legs though are a problem in either car. Rich

Back