Windlass motor

Nice airbrush item, old green with oil and dirt as weathering, and some small nodules as starting to rust…

I love that

All colors in stock

I'm starting to get more and more ideas about how I'm going to become a BN.

Weathered deck planks (treat with Ecoline for the effects)

A build with some weathering , with more items but not as extreme as the oil barrel sprayed this week for my sub

View attachment 239514
You are going to do a great job on the wheel and anchors! Can’t wait to see them.

Looks good!
And with the wheel print result, showing the details, this details will also be seen by the print.
Yes, lets hope so! I added the spark plug for you. Will add the distributor too...you will add the wire! ;)
I still have some pipes to add, and then it will be ready for a test print. I work on it occasionally when I get a chance. So it will be ready before you need it! :p

Hello Dean , Henk and Peter
I have been fowling your Bluenose Windless Motor and have been thinking of a scratch build of one to enhance my YQ- Bluenose when I reach that stage , still tied up with my Oliver Cromwell build.
Back when I was a kid in Nova Scotia there were a couple of guys using one of these motors to saw wood, as a kid it was very interesting, it sure seamed to have a lot of power. These guys used to shovel snow into the water tank on top of the engine to keep it cool, this was a long time ago but it only seams like yesterday.
When you guys perfect your windless motor is it at all possible that I may acquire one to enhance my YQ - Bluenose? Please keep me posted.
Regards Lawrence

I have been fowling your Bluenose Windless Motor and have been thinking of a scratch build of one to enhance my YQ- Bluenose when I reach that stage , still tied up with my Oliver Cromwell build.
Back when I was a kid in Nova Scotia there were a couple of guys using one of these motors to saw wood, as a kid it was very interesting, it sure seamed to have a lot of power. These guys used to shovel snow into the water tank on top of the engine to keep it cool, this was a long time ago but it only seams like yesterday.
When you guys perfect your windless motor is it at all possible that I may acquire one to enhance my YQ - Bluenose? Please keep me posted.
Regards Lawrence
I’m sure we can work something out. ;)

Regards Lawrence
Hi Lawrence,
Nice to read that also this thread and posts bring back memories. And you have seen this kind of engine work and espacially in Nova Scotia. I am convinced that several BN models will get this engine.
A new series production of this redesign, under supervision by Dean :).
Regards, Peter

Hi Lawrence,
Nice to read that also this thread and posts bring back memories. And you have seen this kind of engine work and espacially in Nova Scotia. I am convinced that several BN models will get this engine.
A new series production of this redesign, under supervision by Dean :).
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter and Dean
I thank you very much for your very nice replies on the Windless motor. This is an area that I have been thinking of for a long time now, ever since I got my YQ - Bluenose back in November. I have not started this build as yet due to the fact that I have a very small Old Ship Yard, lots of room in our basement but my Admiral Bernadette has forbidding me to work down there due to a heath issue. Still working on my Oliver Cromwell that is almost complete now.
Please keep me in mind on your Windless Engine, this will save me many hours of building a scratch one and I will begin saving my nickels and dimes for when it is complete, thank you.
Regards Lawrence

Back