Question: How to make stairs?

I tried several ways to make the stairs, but in no case did I succeed.
Do you have any teachings to help me achieve them?

come fare le scale
Ho provato parecchie strade per realizzare le scale, ma in nessun caso ci sono riuscito.
Avete qualche insegnamento per aiutarmi a realizza
rle?

Not so horrible... the lower example is close, but you need to cut the sticks to a triangular cross section before gluing. Also, you could use somewhat bigger sticks. A typical step is 12 inches (0.3 meters) which converts to 3 mm at 1:100 scale. I doubt that 4 mm sticks would look out of scale.
Fair winds!

You need to make a jig which will hold every perpendicular and plumb.

Here is a video of how my friend Fortres makes ship ladders. Unfortunately, in this video there is no option to select subtitles with automatic translation into English or Italian, but it seems to me that everything is clear here even without translation.
By the way, he made his schooner on a scale of 1:115.

Here is a video of how my friend Fortres makes ship ladders. Unfortunately, in this video there is no option to select subtitles with automatic translation into English or Italian, but it seems to me that everything is clear here even without translation.
Extreme good work on the pumps - wow
Many thanks for sharing this video with us :cool:

Hi Morgy
That is the way making stairs in any size.All you need is
A precise cutter to cut the stairs steps
Stripes to fix the sides of stair side panels
Pergamon paper (with permission of my dear wife ofcourse) to release or remove the finished glued object from the form without damaging.Baking paper or thin stretch film used protects while glueing the stairs with CA Glue from unintented fixing to the form.
The details are in the attacments.
Good Luck

IMG_5976.jpg

IMG_5977.jpg

And this is a video of another of my compatriots - Andrey. Learn about ship ladders from about 12 minutes.
Hi Dave
Whenever we see or ride in a small boat we use the term in turkish (ceviz kabugu) meaning wallnut shell or when thereare big waves the boat is shooked like a wallnut shell is a common expression in turkish.I am sure that tis expression is also used in other languages who are familiar with wallnuts.despite different pronounciation in different languages,The same way of thinking.what a small world
Excellent Craftmanship

Hi Korsar,
I'm also studying the method you described.. I'll do some tests as soon as possible.
Thank you
Bergamon paper should cover the bottom and the sides of the form that means the paper is placed in U form with 90 degree edges,corners.you can do a long ladder at once and it which length is necessary the equal angle adjustments between is important for a uniform tesult.Using Ca glue accelarates the production process

Back