Le Rochefort 1/36 by Splinter

The fence on the saw must be completely square with the blade or else it binds. These are the squares. If you have 3 or 4 they’ll come in handy through out any project you’re building.

FBEA592F-97E8-48F1-9850-6EFDF4C26F92.jpeg

DF311AF3-C04F-4399-B79B-BDCC3F0D90ED.jpeg

Thanks for all your advices. I can do something with this. Followed advice and it all seemed to go well, until I tightened the blocking button yellow and the black handle. The Fence moves max 1mm to the right when I do this.

Thanks for all your advices. I can do something with this. Followed advice and it all seemed to go well, until I tightened the blocking button yellow and the black handle. The Fence moves max 1mm to the right when I do this.
I have that problem too. This lock is not well solved by Proxxen, so I built a push sled like Oliver.

I have that problem too. This lock is not well solved by Proxxen, so I built a push sled like Oliver.
I went to the supplier with this problem and received a new fence. So this worked pretty well until last week, and now the problem is happening again. As you say Tobias, proxxon has not done this well. I made the push sled right from the start and I use it for shortening. To cut longer lengths I don't know if the push sled is suitable, in other words "I don't know how this is done"

I had a similar problem with the rip fence on my bandsaw. I solved it by adjusting to true with the fence tightened. So when the fence is not tightened down it is not properly aligned but when i lock it in place it is. Kind of a poor reply but it works…

All ribs are placed but not yet glued everything is now in place and fits well, keelson also fits well after a few small adjustments. However, I do have a small problem, the slots in some ribs are a bit too big, ½ mm, which creates a crack. I think I'll fill this with sanding scraps mixed with wood glue and then sand it tight. Started today with parts 1 to 5 are only ready and can be placed.

F0FC3CDF-B41D-469C-A275-46DA567A6F17.jpeg

All ribs are placed but not yet glued everything is now in place and fits well, keelson also fits well after a few small adjustments. However, I do have a small problem, the slots in some ribs are a bit too big, ½ mm, which creates a crack. I think I'll fill this with sanding scraps mixed with wood glue and then sand it tight. Started today with parts 1 to 5 are only ready and can be placed.

View attachment 354768
Hi Spliter, which slots do you mean. If you mean the ones at the joints, your idea is good, but if you mean the slots on the keelson/frame, leave it alone. They will be hidden when you start the interior planks, as a small strip will be attached to the keelson for the limbaboards.
E26362A9-B35A-4B81-AFAF-A5B93A809747.jpeg

Tobias I can't cut wood at the moment because Proxxon Fet is back to the importer to solve the problems with the rip-fence, the problem that the fence moves 1-2 mm left or right after tightening the black handle was known to them and will solve it. I'll let you know when the issues are resolved.

Hello everyone, just a small update,

0C7879F7-44AD-456F-872B-1E596B5F547E.jpeg ribs are glued and are perpendicular to the keel beam. At the stern, parts 1-5 have been placed and glued. The keelson has been placed dry-fit and is also ready to be glued. A moment of inattention has caused the bolts in the ribs to be forgotten, I found out when 8 ribs had already been placed. Too bad, I would have liked to do it, but I don't think it's possible to fix it afterwards.
1677E538-EB0D-4DC7-BD71-3D93081DFD71.jpeg
34ACBFA2-C0D5-4341-9313-7AD4AB537F95.jpeg

Last edited:
I made the attempt to close the hull and just make the wing transom. a job that looks easier than expected. The book gives a good overview of how this job should be done, but you still have to do it yourself. So I had to make several things again. Anyway, this is what I made of it, I think it could be a bit tighter and neater here and there.
F35AC36A-9C79-4A93-80F8-400F23FFB4F9.jpeg8C4D3558-4B43-4891-A411-5D67ED978FE2.jpeg

AF1ADF46-5FEB-48D5-A13E-F4DCCC697744.jpeg

Tobias I can't cut wood at the moment because Proxxon Fet is back to the importer to solve the problems with the rip-fence, the problem that the fence moves 1-2 mm left or right after tightening the black handle was known to them and will solve it. I'll let you know when the issues are resolved.
In my ignorance I thought this was normal, and made allowance for this, although the movement isn't consistent. I always test cut with a piece of scrap and adjust both wheel and lever. Time consuming and if unnecessary, I would be delighted if I can have a simple solution/upgrade without sending it overseas for repair.

In my ignorance I thought this was normal, and made allowance for this, although the movement isn't consistent. I always test cut with a piece of scrap and adjust both wheel and lever. Time consuming and if unnecessary, I would be delighted if I can have a simple solution/upgrade without sending it overseas for repair.
Just got my table saw back, they haven't been able to fix the problem. I had this sent to the importer via the trader, the trader said that the problem was known to the importer, unfortunately. I have now contacted the importer directly, I have sent him a video with the occurring problem. He has since replied that he will investigate the problem further. If I have a solution from them I will let you know here.

Factory faults wont be addressed. Proxxon has great tools but none are perfect. Sometimes we have to make the mods ourselves tp get things to work properly. Maybe you need a new fence. See if Proxxon will send you one.

Factory faults wont be addressed. Proxxon has great tools but none are perfect. Sometimes we have to make the mods ourselves tp get things to work properly. Maybe you need a new fence. See if Proxxon will send you one.
It's completely true what you say, there can sometimes be small mistakes. It is certainly true that Proxxon is a good brand, which is why I only use Proxxon machines. Proxxon's service is super good (never a problem) I've already received a new fence twice, that's not the problem. I suspect that the fault is in the aluminum block for securing. I feel that the threads are too coarse and this causes size drift. It is also possible that during the production of this block in the production process the sizes have changed slightly, so that the screw thread is no longer completely clean.

Back