And Another Bluenose

Coming along nicely now, soon be cutting off the jig. However, and there is always a 'however', problems in Transom area, my fault, but a point to note for anyone not at this stage yet.
After fitting the rear deck, I was left with a bigger gap at the back than I should have, after investigation I found that the last couple of beams were very slightly high, and with the slope of the transom, it doesn't take much to exaggerate this gap, so, my remedy, and this is only mine, was to unglue the last beam, which also at this stage meant ungluing the deck and the blocks, then trim down the beam underneath, shown by the red arrows, and reinstall, now the gap has certainly closed somewhat, so I'll let you know next time if everything else fits.
20221123_143029.jpg20221123_143033.jpg20221123_143100.jpg20221123_143444.jpg

Been very busy at work with Christmas dinners but finally got some replacement timber and got a little bit done. I think I am going to call in a favour from a friend with a laser cutter.
Hi Paul,
I was always told do not throw anything away until you have finished the model and then before you do look to see what could be used in future.
Keep up the good work.

Hi Paul,
I was always told do not throw anything away until you have finished the model and then before you do look to see what could be used in future.
Keep up the good work.
I have model boxes all over the place and as I said previously I never ever throw anything away, this time for some unknown reason I did. First and last time lol

Been very busy at work with Christmas dinners but finally got some replacement timber and got a little bit done. I think I am going to call in a favour from a friend with a laser cutter.
Nice to see you and Lawrence working on the waterways, Paul. They are time consuming but the base for a good fitting at the stanchions and the hull planks.
Regards, Peter

I'm back.
Happy New Year everyone.
I have been busy and I have been ill, not covid thankfully but a horrible chest infection, but now recovered.
Some good news, I have a friend who has offered to cut the pieces for me that I threw away, I bought a sheet of 1mm walnut and it shouldn't be long before I get the pieces.
Meanwhile I have been putting more finishing touches to the Mayflower.

Paul, do you think a Vibro Cutter would work on cutting those ribs out the Jig ?

Off the jig at last. Video 18.
Nice progress you made with your BN, Paul.
The transom is quite a tricky area, I had my share of issues there, but I think I was helped by the fact I added a custom deck ánd I deviated from the building instructions for the (grey) waterways, meaning a lot of custom made parts were used.
Looking forward to your next update.

I forgot to post videos 20 and 21. I have been busy studying as I have joined Scarborough Lifeboat crew as Launch Authority, hopefully I will have passed everything within the next 2 weeks. Enjoy the videos.

Back