ZHL motorised Rope Walk, by neptune,

Motorized is the only way to go. I built a unit (not a kit. Wood scraps from the scrap box. Motors/electric parts from allelectronics.com) 10 years ago that will do right or left hand twist 2, 3 or 4 strand (with heart) any diameter (mostly in the 0.015" to 0.08" diameter range) for about 20 bucks. I use it at least once per week. Fantastic time and money saver. Anyone can build one in their shop.

Last edited:
Yes, but I was unable to cinnect to his site. Win 11 problem? And I had bad experiences with his erving machine too.

Thanks for the french part.
That's interesting that you had troubles with Domanoff. I have his serving machine with the motor, and the motor wire broke off. It wasn't soldered on properly. I am going to try to get another motor from the guy. I'll let you know how I made out.

Well, I finally have all the thread that I need. Next step to actually start making rope.
I ordered some Gutermann Upholstery Thread(GTDM) and some Gutermann Sew All thread(GTDA). I am hoping that this will be the correct sizes for all the applications that I need it for.
The attachment shows what the supplier that I used offers in terms of thread sizes. I took a fine thread and a medium thread.

Attachments

• Gutermann Thread Guide.pdf
    43.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
View attachment 266412
Just fixing the corner protectors in place, gave me a chance to try out my new cordless mini drill,

View attachment 266413
a better pic, the chuck I added myself, the drill is small and light and drills in wood no worries,

View attachment 266414
The corner protectors in place,

View attachment 266415
and a view with the cooling fins attached, that's all the electrics done now, just wanted to say to Jack, everything works fine except for the bobbin reel on the right hand side, when I turn it on it goes like crazy and there doesn't seem as if there is any way to control it, and also it will not turn off, I might do what you mentioned and see if I can get a on off variable speed controller, apart from that the take up bobbin and the motor for the planetary discs work just great, I have put it aside for now and will try and get the variable speed controller, then it will be assembling the planetary discs, thanks everyone for looking in and all the help and comments,

best regards john,

well done Thumbsup:)Thumbsup

Back