ZHL Le Soleil Royal

Hey Vic, I looked at the parts list and it shows the four windows you are talking about but I didn’t get them. Unless they are in the parts tray. I will have to check it out. Do you remember if they were loose items?

View attachment 398693

View attachment 398694
I believe they were in a zip lock package like a sandwich bag with some other stuff. If you had to cut them out, they would break, so they are free standing.

I believe they were in a zip lock package like a sandwich bag with some other stuff. If you had to cut them out, they would break, so they are free standing.
Vic, what a beautiful fall day we had today. Hope it was nice in the West. Welp, I found the tray and lo and behold those little windows were covered up by the tiniest balusters I’ve ever seen and another bag of dead eyes. Thanks for the heads up.

Vic, what a beautiful fall day we had today. Hope it was nice in the West. Welp, I found the tray and lo and behold those little windows were covered up by the tiniest balusters I’ve ever seen and another bag of dead eyes. Thanks for the heads up.
You’re so welcome! That’s what we’re here for. To help each other along the way.

Put the outside planking on the balcony fences and painted them blue. Just need a little trimming. Also installed the rest of the doors, windows and columns. Starting to shape the bell.

IMG_1819.jpeg

Getting ready to make molds for some of the smaller decorations.

IMG_1820.jpeg

Put the outside planking on the balcony fences and painted them blue. Just need a little trimming. Also installed the rest of the doors, windows and columns. Starting to shape the bell.

View attachment 398914

Getting ready to make molds for some of the smaller decorations.

View attachment 398917
Hi Jay
I look forward to seeing these smaller decorations in resin

Jack, yes a lot of small molds. The resin I use only has a working time of 2 to 3 minutes so it needs to be mixed and poured very quickly before it sets up.
Hello Jack, what brand resin do you use.

I have purchased the following kit and am waiting for it's arrival. According to the internet, I am supposed to have 30-40 minutes work time.
View attachment 399046
Jack, I used that brand of resin several years ago. It had a 2 minute work time. Maybe things have changed since then or maybe they are talking about the mold material.

Jack, I used that brand of resin several years ago. It had a 2 minute work time. Maybe things have changed since then or maybe they are talking about the mold material.
Here is what I picked up on:
It cures to a hard, perfectly clear plastic. The working time for this resin is 30-40 minutes which leaves you plenty of time to get rid of bubbles and pack anything you want into your project! Alumilite's clear resin needs 24 hours to completely harden.

It cures to a hard, perfectly clear plastic. The working time for this resin is 30-40 minutes which leaves you plenty of time to get rid of bubbles and pack anything you want into your project! Alumilite's clear resin needs 24 hours to completely harden.
I wonder if maybe Alumilite have different products... I'll have a look.

It cures to a hard, perfectly clear plastic. The working time for this resin is 30-40 minutes which leaves you plenty of time to get rid of bubbles and pack anything you want into your project! Alumilite's clear resin needs 24 hours to completely harden
Where I get my resin they have different resins with different work times. Mine demolds in 10 minutes where you have 24 hours to demold. I found an old bottle of alumilite and it had a work time of 2 minutes.

yeah. i don't think that clear stuff is paintable. And the stuff that I ordered is not the same thing and I think it is paintable. So looks like a 2 minute work time. that should be interesting.

yeah. i don't think that clear stuff is paintable. And the stuff that I ordered is not the same thing and I think it is paintable. So looks like a 2 minute work time. that should be interesting.
You can still have fun with it. There’s resin that has a slower working time but it’s even more expensive.

Back