You know the Drill

Do you guys know a source where I can buy let’s say 12 micro drill bits of the same size, in this case .5 mm?
On Amazon I’ve bought sets of micro drills but I need more than one of this size.
Thanks
John

Do you guys know a source where I can buy let’s say 12 micro drill bits of the same size, in this case .5 mm?
On Amazon I’ve bought sets of micro drills but I need more than one of this size.
Thanks
John
Hallo John alias @whiskers
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thanks
John
Have you tried micro mark

Whiskers, if you ever get down around Kitchener, Cambridge Waterloo area, there’s a chain of stores worth checking. K.W. Surplus, Cambridge surplus ……. These shops are in my opinion “ a hoarder’s garage sale of surplus stuff “. Stainless steel tweezer, $2.00 > $5.00. Large assortment drill bits right down to our numbered bits. Parts bins and container, hand tools etc etc. Plus a lot of non interesting stuff as well.
A walk down each isle asking yourself “ can I use that for anything ? “
bit of a trek for you, but if you’re in that neck of the woods

Has anyone found any small drills such as 0.5mm that will actually drill steel or even hard brass?
Most of these shown above just blunt if they get anywhere near the hard stuff!

Has anyone found any small drills such as 0.5mm that will actually drill steel or even hard brass?
Most of these shown above just blunt if they get anywhere near the hard stuff!
The tungsten carbide drills I listed will drill tool steel. (There harder than Superman's knee caps) The down side is that they are very brittle and break if you are hand drilling or using a Dremel. Any side thrust and they will snap. The other drills are listed HSS (high speed steel) which indicates that they are made of high tensile tool steel.
The drill shape shown in the video listed below are well suited for drilling brass and mild steel.
This video shows how to make your own drills. I would suggest that you start with broken drills and just sharpen them as done in the video.

Most importantly use a drill press.

Back