You crack me up!

My wife uses a product called Crackle on her stained glass projects. It does what it’s called, makes the project looks aged and cracked.
Do you guys think if used on some stern windows of a model it would be noticeable or a waste of time and effort?
One more thing; Happy New Year!!!!

I found that blown clear plastic used in packaging has a mottled texture that looked like poured glass panes. The trick is finding a glue that will hold it in place.

I needed windows with diamond pattern panes, so some clear plastic from some item I purchased was scribed with a razor knife to simulate the panes.
279 Scribe Plastic Window Material.jpg

Black acrylic paint is used to stain the lines, and the excess paint is wiped away with a damp rag.
280 Make Window Strips.jpg

The glass panels were glued in place. Don't use CA glue like I did. It fogs the windows.
282 Bow Turret Windows Done.jpg

The finished effect is leaded glass windows of the correct style for this ship. They look realistic when backlit.
301 Looking Good with Lighting.jpg

There’s a glue on the market called “Canopy glue” used, as the name implies, by model aircraft builders to glue the clear canopy to the wood framework.

Here’s a random link I found on line:

There is ''Locktite 416'' used to glue car mirrors on the windshields....And this thing sticks to everything from metal to plastic, resin, and especially wood, clothes, leather, etc......The only drawback is it will not stick over painted surfaces and it costs quite a bit. It is very liquid and will stick your fingers together in no time flat:)))) Now that's glue:))))

The diamond window pane trick is brilliant! Beautiful job! I'll save this one! Rick 1011

I like the applicator on this tube....It would solve many of my issues:))))))

Don't forget that glass wasn't widely used for windows until the 17th century. Before that they used horn which was more translucent. I've used plastic folder binders to simulate horn and it looks good. Also, I've used the netting that comes with flower bouquets on windows to simulate diamond panes.

Back