Wood strips

Does anybody know a place where I can get 1mmx5mm sycamore wood strips I ran short 1 strip and cant seem to find a supplier.Occre is sending me some but it will take the better part of a month to get to me.

i have Sycamore i can mill down for you
but what they call Sycamore in Europe is what we call Maple so i would need to see a picture of what you have. Also Sycamore has a white sapwood and a tan heartwood.

Does anybody know a place where I can get 1mmx5mm sycamore wood strips I ran short 1 strip and cant seem to find a supplier. Occre is sending me some but it will take the better part of a month to get to me.

i can get it you in a few days but it might be a question of matching what you have and what i have Sycamore has a lot of figure and color to it.

as a matter of fact one of the floors in my house is Sycamore. It can have quite a pretty figure to it

DSCN0367.JPGDSCN0368.JPGDSCN0369.JPG

Does anybody know a place where I can get 1mmx5mm sycamore wood strips I ran short 1 strip and cant seem to find a supplier. Occre is sending me some but it will take the better part of a month to get to me.

i can get it you in a few days but it might be a question of matching what you have and what i have Sycamore has a lot of figure and color to it.

as a matter of fact one of the floors in my house is Sycamore. It can have quite a pretty figure to it

View attachment 286037View attachment 286038View attachment 286039
Thank You for the offer but I had a couple of 2mm pcs. that I milled down.

i agree Phil
Sycamore has nothing to do with the Maple family but yet it is referred to as Maple just like African Walnut has nothing to do with Walnut trees or Castello boxwood has nothing to do with South American Boxwood

when i went to a local saw mill and asked for Sycamore the guy said "oh you mean ghost tree"

or go another saw mill and ask for Plane and they will look at you "say what?" oh Sycamore ya we got that

Sycamore sheds it bark in the winter and the trunks are very white so much that the tree almost glows in the dark making it look like a ghost.

i do have Sycamore and Maple and putting them side by side it is hard to tell them apart, depending on how the Sycamore was cut

i agree Phil
Sycamore has nothing to do with the Maple family but yet it is referred to as Maple just like African Walnut has nothing to do with Walnut trees or Castello boxwood has nothing to do with South American Boxwood

when i went to a local saw mill and asked for Sycamore the guy said "oh you mean ghost tree"

or go another saw mill and ask for Plane and they will look at you "say what?" oh Sycamore ya we got that

Sycamore sheds it bark in the winter and the trunks are very white so much that the tree almost glows in the dark making it look like a ghost.

i do have Sycamore and Maple and putting them side by side it is hard to tell them apart, depending on how the Sycamore was cut
In reviewing the wood database, I see they differentiate American Sycamore (not Maple) and European Sycamore (Maple). They're apparently very similar. www.wood-database.com is a good reference - I use in my woodworking.

Back