Wood materials

I did a quick search here but only found a couple of suppliers of wood materials noted. A couple questions - first, are there any domestic USA suppliers of metric cut wood items? I've found a few doing a Google search but they appear to? supply material in inch dimensions, Yes, I can convert but those dimensions aren't usually an equivalent size. Second - is Cornwell Model Boats in the UK a good supplier even with pricy international shipping. If it ends up that international suppliers are what it takes, so be it:)
I live in Hong Kong and have used Cornwall frequently, order usually arrives 3 to 5 days. They use UPS usually, and the cost is displayed when you order. Very efficient. Ian

I live in Hong Kong and have used Cornwall frequently, order usually arrives 3 to 5 days. They use UPS usually, and the cost is displayed when you order. Very efficient. Ian
Thanks! I used Cornwell for my current build and you are correct about their shipping - 2 days via UPS to me. I'm curious about the wood quality. Do you have any experience with purchasing wood strips since being a first time planking modeler, suspect I'll make mistakes and will need replenishments

Thanks! I used Cornwell for my current build and you are correct about their shipping - 2 days via UPS to me. I'm curious about the wood quality. Do you have any experience with purchasing wood strips since being a first time planking modeler, suspect I'll make mistakes and will need replenishments
Cornwell themselves have some but try the Lumberyard.com and Syrenmodellerscompany. Regards Ian

Cornwell themselves have some but try the Lumberyard.com and Syrenmodellerscompany. Regards Ian
Thanks for the great information as Syren had never come up in any searches. Dave Stevens (Lumberyard) had also recently added his reply and will probably use his services especialy if I need more then a couple pieces of material.

Wood sources in this topic

And I always thought the source of wood was from Mother Nature.....

Great conversations on sources of wood and what tools to cut down stock to needed size.

I have added a drum sander to the wish list, who knows between Christmas and my birthday in Jan what may show up.

And I always thought the source of wood was from Mother Nature.....

Great conversations on sources of wood and what tools to cut down stock to needed size.

I have added a drum sander to the wish list, who knows between Christmas and my birthday in Jan what may show up.
Rarely found kiln-dryed woods in the forest, ya know!

Back