Willem Barentsz by Kolderstok AD 1596

I had to catch up a bit Jan, but i am glad that you're safe, and that the restoration of your bowsection turns out so good.
have a nice last Christmas afternoon, and a very happy New Year.
Thanks for stopping by. The bow work was a bit “iffy”. But I’m happy with the outcome.

Indeed this weekend was much much better than last weekend. We were busy with family and had a great time celebrating the holiday.

Jan

Jan,
You’ll love it. Very precise and crisp cuts.
Don’t “accidentally “ pick it up by the blade. :(

Awesome pick-up. I'll second rtibbs, you will love it. We had this conversation in another thread... pricey spend, but IMO, worth every penny. And if you're making tight cuts, watch the finger tips!

Oops, forgot to update the result of last weekends storm. We wound up with eleven or so inches of fluffy snow. However we are in for another bout tonight through tomorrow. First heavy wet snow, then several inches of rain with high gusting winds. As bonus another major storm is forecast for this coming weekend.
Yup, it’s WINTER :rolleyes:

Jan

Thank you Jim. I had a tough time envisioning what those bits were for.

Jan
Those are usually hardwood chocks bolted to the mast crosstrees for the rigging to rest upon and prevent rigging from chaffing. They are sometimes covered with leather or sheepskin with the hair on, or rawhide.

Back