Where to find Jewellers' files

Back in the early 90s when I first started getting interested in wooden ship-building I ordered a set of jewelers' files from Micromark and they were nice, high-quality files. After 30 some-odd years of use, they have started to show their age and so I've been looking to replace them. I found a set of similar files at Harbor Freight, but they turned out to be the same level of quality you expect from most tools from Harbor Freight--serviceable, but not great. So I broke down and ordered another set from Micro-Mark. Guess what? No better than the Harbor Freight files. Disappointing, but my purpose is not to bash Micro-mark, but ask if anyone out there has any recent experience acquiring a high-quality set of jewelers' files, and if, so where do you recommend getting them?

Bird is right - the Rio Grande brand is one of the highest qualities in jewelry tools that you can purchase. I
have worked with Rio Grande (for jewelry tools) for a few years and have enjoyed their product immensely.
If you do contact them, ask for their catalogue - it's like an old Sears and Robuck Catalogue wish book - there are tools
and tools and tools to review and buy! Best, wayne

Back