What is this ship?

I apologize for infiltrating this forum with a non-model related topic, though it's hard to find anywhere else with a bunch of people who know their boats!
I am an explorer and photographer, though I'm trying to figure out what a ship is based off of google maps imagery before taking the effort to go and scope it out. I'm thinking that maybe during a harsh season the vessel drifted from a dock into where it is now.

It's quite inaccessible unless you want to hike miles and miles through marsh or boat out to it as its located on a peninsula. This is on one of the great lakes and has sat there for about 2 years.

Just wondering if any of you folks could help me identify this ships build and original purpose, again sorry for invading your forum with this non-model related question!

Screenshot 2023-10-24 103551.png

Very interesting question - I have searched around, but did not find anything
BTW_ a warm welcome here on board of our forum

I apologize for infiltrating this forum with a non-model related topic, though it's hard to find anywhere else with a bunch of people who know their boats!
I am an explorer and photographer, though I'm trying to figure out what a ship is based off of google maps imagery before taking the effort to go and scope it out. I'm thinking that maybe during a harsh season the vessel drifted from a dock into where it is now.

It's quite inaccessible unless you want to hike miles and miles through marsh or boat out to it as its located on a peninsula. This is on one of the great lakes and has sat there for about 2 years.

Just wondering if any of you folks could help me identify this ships build and original purpose, again sorry for invading your forum with this non-model related question!
Hallo @Mr.Bungle
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Did you foind out the mystery?

exactly what lake is the wreck on? and a possible location. Every ship is registered so it would have a name.

for sure it is a modern steel ship no wooded ship would be in that nice a shape.

send these people the image

exactly what lake is the wreck on? and a possible location. Every ship is registered so it would have a name.

for sure it is a modern steel ship no wooded ship would be in that nice a shape.

send these people the image

So this upcoming spring I'm actually planning on going out to it. Me and some buddies are going to be renting out a small boat and going to take a look ourselves. We think that maybe during a harsh storm the ship somehow became untied from the dock and floated away, and that maybe the company just did a quick search and didn't find it and called it good with the insurance money they probably got out of it. But I do plan on seeing this thing in person.

Back