What doesn't super glue stick to??

I think over the years I've glued my project to the mat more than to themselves.
I read that Super glue won't stick to silicone.
I'm thinking of buying a silicone mat to glue small pieces on. My self-healing mats are scarred and bumpy from super glue incidents, I try to be sparing and careful, butttttt.

An suggestions?
Pete, Here is some information

I have to add: CA does not adhere well to some oil based stains, and even some alcohol based stains. An example from my own bitter experience were Feast Watson stains (a brand of stain available in Australia). I stained my wales black, then found that I could not attach them to the model. This was an alcohol based stain. Many years later, I returned to the model and wanted to stick fenders onto the wales. This time it was able to stick. So it seems as if some stains have an outgassing period which prevents CA adhesion.

Moral of the story: if you want to use stains, test if it affects glue adhesion first!

I think over the years I've glued my project to the mat more than to themselves.
I read that Super glue won't stick to silicone.
I'm thinking of buying a silicone mat to glue small pieces on. My self-healing mats are scarred and bumpy from super glue incidents, I try to be sparing and careful, butttttt.

An suggestions?
whar you can do with your old mat, you can read here - and most important, which colour is the best (sometimes this topic is slightly off topic) ;)

So maybe you buy a new (green) cutting mat - so you have enough space for new drops of glue

I avoid anything that contains silicon. Silicone is a real plague that can destroy many things. I work in a large factory with advanced manufacturing. All use of silicone is prohibited. If silicone enters the manufacturing process, it is almost impossible to get rid of it. Silicone spreads like a virus and prevents surface treatment, gluing, sealing from being good. In shipbuilding it might not matter but I would avoid anything containing silocon.

I use a 2”x2” wax paper and tack it down with adhesive tape and apply few drops of CA then use different applicators. As soon as I use CA I wipe the top with a cloth,it keeps the nozzle clean. Also when having to hold a piece of wood together I use pieces of wax paper between fingers and CA til dry! No glue on fingers

Back