Weldbond vs. CA glue

I just learned that such wonderful substance as Weldbond exists. Never heard of it before. I am wondering if it can be used instead of CA glue n wood ship modelling. I have severe allergies to CA. Can Weldbond replace a CA for me?

I use Weldbond for many purposes. It can even be used as a substitute for soldering small brass fittings. I hate CA and it has effected my eyes so if I still use it I have to wear full safety gear. Weldbond doesn't seem to have any fumes. The main drawback is that parts need to be held under pressure for much longer to get a good bond.

I just learned that such wonderful substance as Weldbond exists. Never heard of it before. I am wondering if it can be used instead of CA glue n wood ship modelling. I have severe allergies to CA. Can Weldbond replace a CA for me?

The glue you're showing is just another PVA adhesive. It is a white glue that is a WOOD glue. Titebond, Gorilla and Elmers has the same thing - some in different versions. And requires clamping.

Last edited:
Hi, Alexander74. Did you manage to try this glue? Did you order it just because it is a medium viscosity and idea was it produce less harmful vapors?
Good afternoon. It's been a week of me using this glue. I want to say that during this time my allergy did not manifest itself in any way.
I came across this glue by accident when I was looking for Loctite 460. This is an alternative that is also used by dental technicians. That's what the instructions say. It is odorless and vaporless. At least visually.
I can recommend it for allergy sufferers.

Marston-Domsel is a very good german adhesive producer with a big range of products

Take a look

they have a lso a catalog for download

Back