VOC ship The Prins Willem (scale 1:75) Year 1651

Thanks again for the likes, the nice words and visiting my log.
Just 1 to go.
But first to show you this one, It took a lot of work in the details. I think this is on of the most accurate face I made. On the picture it is difficult to see. You need to see them in real to see the shadow details. But it gives a good impression of the work.

View attachment 341032View attachment 341033View attachment 341034View attachment 341035View attachment 341036View attachment 341037View attachment 341038View attachment 341039
Great skill that is an amazing piece of work.

Not only do we have quite a number of gifted modelers here on SOS, but recently quite a few talented sculptors are surfacing as well and you, Steef, most definitely among them.
Thanks Johan, your comment is most appreciate. Makes me proud. But there is still a lot to learn for me. But that's with everything, there is always place to learn and approve yourself.

It's ready. I tried to make an Amazone warrior. Does it look female? You may decide.
I think in some way I succeeded, but still difficult to do. The impression of a woman is difficult to make. Need more practise, only this was the last one to do.

IMG_3023.JPGIMG_3024.JPGIMG_3025.JPGIMG_3026.JPGIMG_3027.JPGIMG_3028.JPGIMG_3029.JPG

Hi Stephan,

Again a wonderfull sculpture, but no woman.
Think it has to do with the jaw line and the nose.
To me these are too man like.

See below man vs woman.
View attachment 341696

Ps see she bit you in your finger.
Thanks Maarten. The nose bone looks to big. You mentioned it and yes I see it.
The jaw line, that is wrong, I see that to. But what? Is the chin to much to the front or it needs to be smaller?

I would say the chin is to pronounced. Just make it rounder and less protruding.
The female face is rounder and has softer curvatures.

See the picture below with the pointy chin and straight jaw line. Make these smoother.
IMG_3029.JPG

The nose slightly narrower at the top of the nose bridge.

But always easier said then done.

The jaw is the biggest problem I see. Need to be more round and shorter than the nose from the side. Just a little tiny chin out of the jaw.
The nose I wait, first the jawline. The nose is difficult to adjust, fragile and small to work on. Thanks Maarten, update will follow

The jaw is the biggest problem I see. Need to be more round and shorter than the nose from the side. Just a little tiny chin out of the jaw.
The nose I wait, first the jawline. The nose is difficult to adjust, fragile and small to work on. Thanks Maarten, update will follow
Yes know all about it, too small to see and work on.
Maybe just a few touches will do the trick.

The difference is difficult to see, but the jaw is rounder and the nose is smaller

IMG_3033.JPGIMG_3034.JPGIMG_3035.JPGIMG_3036.JPG

on this picture you see the most used miller cutters.
From left to right sphere miller cutter 1,2 - 0,9 - 0,5 and 0,3 mm. and then the drop shape cutter of 0,9 mm. This last one is perfect for adjustmenst and smoothing the surface. used for most of these tiny details in the face.

IMG_3037.JPG

Back