Very happy to have found this group.

asb

Hello to all from Sutton, in Quebec's Eastern Townships. My name is Andrew and I'm very happy to have found this group.
I have a question: can anyone tell me what the width of the Bluenose keel was? Could it have been 18 inches? (found an old model box I bought for the kids years ago. Some pieces are missing, notably the keel board, so I must cut it from scratch).

Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 19.34.15.png

i don't see an answer to your question about the keel

I have a question: can anyone tell me what the width of the Bluenose keel was? Could it have been 18 inches?

are you asking about the sided dimension? i think 18 inches is way to big for that or the shape of the keel and deadwood?

we try to answer questions here but i personally do not know but there have been several build logs on the Bluenose so someone must know

bluenose.JPG

Last edited:
Hello to all from Sutton, in Quebec's Eastern Townships. My name is Andrew and I'm very happy to have found this group.
I have a question: can anyone tell me what the width of the Bluenose keel was? Could it have been 18 inches? (found an old model box I bought for the kids years ago. Some pieces are missing, notably the keel board, so I must cut it from scratch).

View attachment 439593
Welcome Andrew. You've found one of the best ship building forums around.
Good luck with he Bluenose. I'm sure you'll get an informative response from one of the members.

Hallo and a warm welcome here on board of our forum also from my side
Maybe you are not aware about this - we have a group build area for building the POF-version kit by another manufacturer, but you can find a lot of historical facts, information, data and photos of the original vessel, so I can imagine, that you will find a lot of information there

Back