USS Oliver Hazard Perry FFG 7 by Academy with Pontos 1:350

Big improvement with small additions. Superstructure was glued to the main deck and as the book pointed out there was a small gap between the superstructure and main deck. I used the plastic cement to attach the parts but prior to glueing a small bead of thick ca glue was laid on the inside corner and pressed to fill gap when placed. Let the boat sit over night. Placed the decals after gym and lunch completing this step.
A few photos of decals
IMG_1510.jpegIMG_1511.jpegIMG_1512.jpeg
Next is adding a few small model parts and then on to more PE

While still on the sprue I primed the small pieces and then painted the with multi coats of thinned flat white paint. The white is glaring on the dark deck but actual photos of a Perry class ship these pieces were white.
IMG_1517.jpeg
IMG_1516.jpeg
I should have sprayed a light coat of clear flat to stop the glue from dissolving the paint, oh well I can touch up the deck around the pieces.

I finished the first PE and thought I'd post. It is the signal flag platform and boxes that will sit under the mast. There are 8 pieces of PE to make the assembly. Working with small intricate pieces was very time consuming but not its just painting and glueing to the deck.
IMG_1514.jpegIMG_1515.jpegIMG_1515.jpeg
Not sure what the tail is in the photo just lint I think. I quickly and carefully wash before primer and paint.

Will, there appears to be a somewhat major problem with your model as that is the long hull stern & possibly flight you glued on, the Perry was a short hull version not long hull.

Will, there appears to be a somewhat major problem with your model as that is the long hull stern & possibly flight you glued on, the Perry was a short hull version not long hull.
Looks right to me. JJ..

i have to bring my kit box of that model down to my office on the ground floor from my bedroom on the 3rd floor so can do a comparison. the decal is in the mail at 10:15am today. it is inside a folded envolope inside the mail envolope. give it a week or so to get to you.

it appears your flight deck is 2 pieces & did you add a piece to the stern for that 2 piece flight deck to fit in correctly?

Started the main deck railings with the port and starboard side completed up to the helipad deck. I'm waiting for the decal before these railing as they are a little more completed and the decal is very fragile so a clear deck is a must. Completed the superstructure deck furniture along with touching the paint smears.
Not very exciting photos but here are the railing upper deck photos
IMG_1522.jpegIMG_1523.jpeg

Completed the bridge structure along with ALL the PE. This was a complicated assembly and very tedious.
Modifying the sides of the bridge by removing almost half making room for the PE.
Remove all the raised moulded parts of the base and sanding smooth
Then glueing the sides and aft pieces to the base.
While drying fold up the forward PE with windows
Glue the windows to the base and sides
Fold up the whip antenna structure, a ladder, and two boxes
Fold the octogonal base turn over and fold and glue the octagonal railing
mount the octogonal structure on top of where the round plastic had been
glue the boxes alongside the octogon structures
fold up the CAS tower, add the tip, fold railing and glue the CAS dome
fold and add the bridge to railing
Glue it all together and whoopie
IMG_1527.jpegIMG_1529.jpeg
Now a couple sitting on the deck to be glued at a latter step
IMG_1534.jpegIMG_1533.jpeg