USS Constitution C Mamoli 1:93

I’m starting this build after moving it around with me for 40 years or so. Unfortunately I’m missing the direction folder with the plans and wanted to know if anyone can help me out?

Dusek bought out Mamoli, and the 1:93 Constitution (M31) is no longer in production. Have you inquired with them if they still are willing to provide you with plans from their archives?

If one of the other members here has this old kit, they will probably be able to help you out.

Thank You! I’ve reached out to Dusek and am waiting on their response. I’m looking forward to my build. This is my first so I have much to learn!

It is a little difficult to figure out what the Mamoli instructions are advising at times. I started this model about a month ago. It is absolutley key to read and understand all the instructions before evn starting. I did not do this with several painful errors. The instructions I have are a shaky translation of the Italian.

That’s why they now are missing. I kept taking them out to try and understand them, really didn’t, and never started the build. I’ve now started and am almost completed with the hull. I think based on reading and looking at many builds I can get through deck fittings. Mast building and rigging I won’t even attempt!

That’s why they now are missing. I kept taking them out to try and understand them, really didn’t, and never started the build. I’ve now started and am almost completed with the hull. I think based on reading and looking at many builds I can get through deck fittings. Mast building and rigging I won’t even attempt!
Perhaps obtaining instructions from another kit could shed some light on how to progress on the build? Constitution is quite a popular ship model, and there are a few kits available for it.

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Thank You! I’ve seen some amazing builds from others! I’m hoping with what I learn my build will come out respectable

Were you able to get the plans? I don't have a large format scanner but I can try to scan each sheet for you. IT will likely take a while but I can send in multiple runs if you like

I completed the cross section kit of the USS Constitution by Mamoli about a year ago. It, too, is 1:93 scale and was purchased as a kit back in the mid-80s. I still have the plans and can help you with some of the translation. It took quite a while for me to decipher how to put it together and ended up putting the bill of materials and their specific drawing locations into a spreadsheet, especially for rigging the mast. I'll be glad to help, if I can.

Back