USS CONFEDERACY (1778) - Model Shipways - Scale 1:64 - by ship photographer.com

001 - UNBOXING.jpg
002 - UNBOXING.jpg

KIT: USS CONFEDERACY (1778)

Manufacturer: Model Shipways (USA)

Scale: 1:64 (889mm/35")

Single plank-on-bulkhead hull.

My husband gave me a big blue box for Christmas 2020 - it is his tradition to give me a kit with a ship that was built in the area where we now live. Yes, this frigate was built here in Connecticut on the River Thames (just upstream from my city) ...

The kit designed as an admiralty model as well to show off the incredibly rich detail of its decks, furnishings and fittings. Additionally, the quarterdeck is left un-planked on the port side, leaving the great cabin and gun deck visible.

View attachment 227946
View attachment 227947

KIT: USS CONFEDERACY (1778)

Manufacturer: Model Shipways (USA)

Scale: 1:64 (889mm/35")

Single plank-on-bulkhead hull.

My husband gave me a big blue box for Christmas 2020 - it is his tradition to give me a kit with a ship that was built in the area where we now live. Yes, this frigate was built here in Connecticut on the River Thames (just upstream from my city) ...

The kit designed as an admiralty model as well to show off the incredibly rich detail of its decks, furnishings and fittings. Additionally, the quarterdeck is left un-planked on the port side, leaving the great cabin and gun deck visible.
Is the Kit single plank or double plank? Was thinking about buying it, but now not sure if only single plank?

Hello,
This kit (si not a pre/review) is hard to build. It is single plank and planks are very thin (1/16" x 1/8"). Fortunately the explanations from Chuck Passaro are very clear.
I am in the process of building it. You can follow HERE.
Best regards.
Fred

Hello,
This kit (si not a pre/review) is hard to build. It is single plank and planks are very thin (1/16" x 1/8"). Fortunately the explanations from Chuck Passaro are very clear.
I am in the process of building it. You can follow HERE.
Best regards.
Fred
Thanks, trying to decide between the Confederacy and the CAF Models, Enterprise as the next build

Now I will answer all questions!
I'm sorry I didn't do that - I took part in the shipmodeling championship. Of course it was all online but there was real "battle" (questions / answers) only on the zoom platform ...

CONFEDERACY - this will be a full-build log!
I plan to start right after my carrack but I'm already doing preparatory work (buying wood).
This is a single-layer planking, so I will fill all the spaces to make a quality planking.

This will be a very interesting building log (of a very interesting kit)
I am looking forward ..... and sit in the first row following your progress

Back