Titanic Trumpeter 1/200 by InkMot

This is a log of my progress with the Trumpeter Titanic. I know that there are many of these and I appreciate your patience with my contribution. My hope is to share the things I’m learning about the kit along the way, including my experiences with the third-party detail kits. Every project should have a goal. My goal for this build is to create an accurate impression of the ship as she departed on her maiden voyage. I define accurate as that which would seem obvious to an observer who’s familiar with the ship from about 2 feet (.6 meters) away, avoiding the addition of such things as photo-etched brass when I feel its inclusion would actually detract from realism, e.g. I’ll show you why I swapped out the Minibrass stern plating in favor of .13mm styrene. I’m not sure I’ll want the model to be lit up, which may also mean that I won’t spend too much time on interior spaces. I’ll wait to see what is observable from 2 feet away. I’m not building a dollhouse.

Thanks for your interest so far.
View attachment 409038
This is what I began with: A Christmas gift from my wife in December 2021. It went on the shelf while I completed a 1/80 scale, launch-able Saturn V rocket kit - which I’m now too afraid to launch. ;-)
Hallo @InkMot
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back