Titanic Deck Chairs

Hi. I'd like to make my 1:350 Minicraft Titanic as accurate as possible. I've got photoetched parts, getting wooden decks, etc., having read through Art Braunschweiger's site as well as Rivet Counter and TRMA. I've seen sources say that there were 653 deck chairs on Titanic. Although I'm not sure I'll go THAT far for accuracy in the amount I make, but what I'd like to know is where were the chairs stored on the decks around the ship? I've seen some photos showing the chairs stacked in different areas, but does anyone know where all of the areas were located to stack and/or place deck chairs? Thanks for your help.

They used to look like this. Making tiny 1:350 chairs is a true microscopic challenge!

_82241989_82241592.jpg

0506_FL-titanic-deck-chair-kate-winslet-leonardo-dicaprio_2000x1125-1152x648.jpg

Here's an interesting story regarding the real Titanic deck chair. Happy reading and perhaps you'll glean some more info to create yours. Good luck with your endeavor. Should be quite challenging.

titanicdeckchair.com/the-chair

...henry

Thanks Darivus. I've seen photos of the real chairs, but was just wondering where they were placed on the decks, both open for use and in their folded stored positions. I agree that this will be a microscopic challenge but well worth it!
They used to look like this. Making tiny 1:350 chairs is a true microscopic challenge!

_82241989_82241592.jpg

0506_FL-titanic-deck-chair-kate-winslet-leonardo-dicaprio_2000x1125-1152x648.jpg

Here's an interesting story regarding the real Titanic deck chair. Happy reading and perhaps you'll glean some more info to create yours. Good luck with your endeavor. Should be quite challenging.

titanicdeckchair.com/the-chair

...henry
Thanks Henry. I've got the chairs in photoetch from Tom's Modelworks. Just wanted to know where on the ship they were stacked for use.

Look at the photo right from the movie. Have you even been on a cruise ship? If so, think back to what you observed. Deck chairs are lined up against the ship's house, facing the ocean, with many repositioned in various random positions by the passengers to form groups of people chatting with each other. When groups of people leave their chat session, the crew are tasked at the end of the day with repositioning the chairs in neat lines for the next day. So, follow the same patterns on your model and it will look realistic.

Look at the photo right from the movie. Have you even been on a cruise ship? If so, think back to what you observed. Deck chairs are lined up against the ship's house, facing the ocean, with many repositioned in various random positions by the passengers to form groups of people chatting with each other. When groups of people leave their chat session, the crew are tasked at the end of the day with repositioning the chairs in neat lines for the next day. So, follow the same patterns on your model and it will look realistic.
Thanks Darivs.

Thanks all for your help. My apologies if I wasn't clear on my original post. I wanted to know where deck chairs were stacked when not in use. I have since found that they were stacked in various areas when the ship left Southampton, moved again to different areas while at Cherbourg, and then moved again in Queenstown. I have now seen some of the above photos and others, so again thanks for your help everyone. I'll just wing it so it'll look good. :)

There is a You tube channel called Midwest hobby shop and he is building Titanic in a step by step manner.
He has a video on Titanic deck chairs.

Back