Tips for Sanding Curves

Hi

I would like to know what are the tools you most like to use to sand curves.

The discussion comes from another thread that I do not want to hijack.

Maarten wrote that is one of the uses for his MF70 Proxxon Milling tool.

20201102_212701.jpg

That is a great idea.

I was planning to use this :

Screenshot_20201120-185656_Amazon Shopping.jpgScreenshot_20201120-185630_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I still have not done the setup. But if someone have used that accessory, it will be nice to know.

PT-2 asked:

I wonder if the bearing in a small drill press are stable enough to do the same. . . problem is that the handle to bring the bit down would need some rigging and a foot treadle or device to lock it in place for the sanding. Any recommendations???? Rich (PT-2).

And Brian077 wrote : I have an oscillating spindle sander with different sized heads for sanding .

I would like to see what do you use and what could be the answer to PT-2.

Thank you !!!
Daniel

I have this unit, and its great for bevelling frames. But its as noisey as hell.

.View attachment 194233
I see that this one is $264 through General tools free shipping at that price. Now to consider how much use but it is evident from scratch POF builds that it could be used quite a bit but not right now. Decisions. . .. Rich (PT-2)

I have the spindle sander from JET and I am fully happy with it - maybe most important advantage is the fact, that it is silent compared to the other ones !!!!
in addition it has a tilting table and very small drums (smallest one with only 6mm diameter...... I can recommend it very much

IMG_1730.JPG

Good tools are where you find them...
That sounds just like, "there is a fortune to made every day and every place. . .you just have to be able to recognize it and seize the moment." May that persistent internet searching of what is being offered on Ebay, Amazon, and all of the rest.. .. Rich (PT-2)
Good tools are where you find them...
I have the spindle sander from JET and I am fully happy with it - maybe most important advantage is the fact, that it is silent compared to the other ones !!!!
in addition it has a tilting table and very small drums (smallest one with only 6mm diameter...... I can recommend it very much

View attachment 194705
Your shop vac will be challenged to keep up with your joyful playing. Rich (PT-2)

View attachment 194705

Nice !!! I read about it after your posting and is one of the best oscillating bench sanders.

I will start saving to buy one :)

Thank you !!!
Daniel

Interesting the detail of the spindle size that you very well explained at the posted thread. I believe that tilting the table also helps when sanding frames like yours from La Salamandra. Am I correct ?

Cheers
Daniel

View attachment 194705

Last edited:
Back