The Anatomy of the Bounty - AL-

Are you sure cannon carriage wheels had iron bands? Looks cool but I'm skeptical... Wouldn't this cause lots of damage on the deck? Or maybe not...

Regardless, you have done a marvelous job on these!

Are you sure cannon carriage wheels had iron bands? Looks cool but I'm skeptical... Wouldn't this cause lots of damage on the deck? Or maybe not...

Regardless, you have done a marvelous job on these!

I am not really sure, but I have seen them in on other builds. For example the below picture is from a modeler who built the D'Agostini Bounty.

Screenshot_20220705-143638_Gallery.jpg

Cheers
Daniel

Hey Daniel, honestly, I am not thrilled with the iron bands on the tracks. Technically I don't have to, and it does look good, but...Iron bands on tracks were used only on fortified places, where those cannons were removed from ships and assigned to lands.
Iron bands would destroy the wooden deck after a few tens of recoils, however in the land surface, without the iron bands, the trucks would be destroyed after a few hundred shots.
What you can do to dress up, is to make the iron bands for the axletree ends. Same techniques but the smaller diameter of the srinktube.

But the choice is only yours, what you will decide - would be correct..., for your model! :cool:

Thank you Jimsky for the teaching. I will leave them in place independently it is incorrect. Like the number of bolts on the trucks and the bolts I added at the side of the carriages. That is why I was surprised of the good comments. The cannon looks fancy, but they are historically incorrect on almost any detail.

Cheers,
Daniel

Last edited:
Hey Daniel, honestly, I am not thrilled with the iron bands on the tracks. Technically I don't have to, and it does look good, but...Iron bands on tracks were used only on fortified places, where those cannons were removed from ships and assigned to lands.
Iron bands would destroy the wooden deck after a few tens of recoils, however in the land surface, without the iron bands, the trucks would be destroyed after a few hundred shots.
What you can do to dress up, is to make the iron bands for the axletree ends. Same techniques but the smaller diameter of the srinktube.

But the choice is only yours, what you will decide - would be correct..., for your model! :cool:

Jimsky, I added a PS on my truck posting. I do not want any new modeler do things wrong, just because I like them.

Cheers !!!! And thank you again.
Daniel

I'm relieved to see I am not the only modeler who tends to balance technical accuracy with visual interest. For me, modeling really is a blending of art and science.

Last edited:
I'm relieved to see I am not the only only modeler who tends to balance technical accuracy with visual interest. For me, modeling really is a blending of art and science.

Thank you very much for understanding !!!

I have never been and will never be a modeler that will try to do things historically correct or technically perfect (example: on scale). I will build what please me and in the best way I can. Will not lose my hair searching perfection.

So then, why do I post ?

Well, the models I have posted so far were mainly driven by the enthusiasm that there aren't any or only a few that shows a complete build of the model I am building.

I am a visual person. I love the new instructions manuals with detailed pictures of every step. I want with my build logs to provide "pictures". Then if something is out if scale, not accurate with historical records, etc, the builder can do those details as they wish. You will not find other build log of this discontinued Anatomy of the Bounty kit. Only the pictures that Dave Teel posted at the start of this log. The kit is very old. I am sure a few modelers will benefit from this log.

BTW , below is the link to the build log from where I decided to add the "iron around the wheels". I liked a it lot. I will try also to do the ropes as this modeler did. All the Bounty's I have found online, on search of how their cannons were done, this is the one I liked the most.

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:
Happy birthday Daniel. May you have a wonderful year ahead and enjoy the day with your loved ones!

Hallo Daniel alias @Dematosdg
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Happy Birthday Daniel. Have a good one.
Happy Birthday Daniel, I wish you all the best Beer
Happy birthday Daniel. May you have a wonderful year ahead and enjoy the day with your loved ones!

THANK YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!.

All the best to you all. SOS is the best Ship Modeling FORUM and their members are fantastic !!!

FYI .... as you can see my last posting was on July 6 . At the middle of July we started the packing/trashing/house repairs-painting etc for the upcoming moving to Florida. This could be around November/December or after the winter (April/May).

My antique cars are already in FL. They were transported last month.

20220818_171536.jpg20220818_175141.jpg20220818_165827.jpg20220818_111139.jpg20220818_111237.jpg

At my Parents house in FL.

IMG-20220825-WA0016.jpg

I have already packed half of my workshop. I will left the other half unpacked in case we move after the winter. I will continue working on the Anotomy of the Bounty.

Cheers !!!
Daniel

FYI .... as you can see my last posting was on July 6 . At the middle of July we started the packing/trashing/house repairs-painting etc for the upcoming moving to Florida. This could be around November/December or after the winter (April/May).

View attachment 328098View attachment 328099View attachment 328100View attachment 328101View attachment 328102

View attachment 328103

I have already packed half of my workshop. I will left the other half unpacked in case we move after the winter. I will continue working on the Anotomy of the Bounty.

Cheers !!!
Daniel
Happy Birthday Daniel, I wish you all the best Birthday-Cake :) ThumbsupBirthday-Cake
you have a great collection of cars

View attachment 328098View attachment 328099View attachment 328100View attachment 328101View attachment 328102

View attachment 328103

Cheers !!!
Daniel
Wow Daniel, beautiful cars and both in super condition.

Nice car collection you have. And moving to a warmer climate as well.

Just remember the change in heat and humidity might have on unfinished projects.

Back