The 74-Gun Ship BELLONA - Looking for plans at the level of a monograph

Dear Friends
I am happy to update that I recently bought the book about this beautiful ship The 74-Gun Ship BELLONA" (Anatomy of the Ship) by Brian Lavery. I didn't get it yet
Screenshot_20230220_175448_Chrome.jpg
See a detailed review by our friend Uwek https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...ona-anatomy-of-the-ship-by-brian-lavery.2210/
Now I am looking for plans and drawings of the ship at the level of the monographs that Ancre publishes.
Unfortunately, on the modelers central website, the plans are sold out (before I would purchase from them, I would to see and read reviews about the quality of their plans). https://www.modelerscentral.com/model-ship-plans/corel-model-ship-plans/ship-model-plans-bellona/
my dear friends, I would be happy to receive your help in locating plans on a 1:48 or 1:36 scale and of good quality that will well support the future maintenance of this special model.
I thank you all in advance

Why can you not rescale the plans in Larevy's book? You will lose some resolution, but building plans can look a bit scruffy and still work fine. Do you have a scanner and printer?
thanks for your Advice, maybe I'll try it when the book arrives if it has the drawings of all the frames. In addition, I wanted to build the model in 1:48 scale.

As I say, with a scanner and printer, rescaling is not a big problem. At 1:48 scale, the model will big much bigger than a printer sheet, so you will have to print sections of the plans and tile them.

Daniel, I have a full practicum of Reverend Romero's Warrior/ Alfred 74 gun ship in 1/64 scale.
Dear Brian
Thanks for your answer, I would love to get some details about the practicum and whether it also has drawings of the frames and whether it is the same/similar to Bellona as well. Regards Shota

Dear Friends
I am happy to update that I recently bought the book about this beautiful ship The 74-Gun Ship BELLONA" (Anatomy of the Ship) by Brian Lavery. I didn't get it yet
View attachment 358521

See a detailed review by our friend Uwek https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...ona-anatomy-of-the-ship-by-brian-lavery.2210/
Now I am looking for plans and drawings of the ship at the level of the monographs that Ancre publishes.
Unfortunately, on the modelers central website, the plans are sold out (before I would purchase from them, I would to see and read reviews about the quality of their plans). https://www.modelerscentral.com/model-ship-plans/corel-model-ship-plans/ship-model-plans-bellona/
my dear friends, I would be happy to receive your help in locating plans on a 1:48 or 1:36 scale and of good quality that will well support the future maintenance of this special model.
I thank you all in advance
I purchased the CAF Session 1 kit (essentially the bulkheads/frames deck beam structure) to get a start on this model in 1:48. I am going to modify it to be HMS THUNDERER. The rest will be scratch built. As I am going to fully plank the ship, I felt there was little purpose in creating a fully framed hull. In 1:48 this is a large model of around 5ft in length when you include the bowsprit and jib boom. A 1:36 model would be enormous.

and there are also some contemporary drawings in the NMM existing

j3099.jpg

and also photos of the well known model

l4980.jpg

l5785_001.jpg

d7827.jpg

c1099.jpg

Bellona (1760); Warship; Third rate; 74 guns​

Scale: 1:38.4 (5/16 inch to the foot). A model of the 74-gun ship Bellona (1760), made entirely in wood with wood, metal, and organic and inorganic material fittings and painted and varnished. The vessel is depicted on a slipway with a drawer at the stern end of its scenic carrying case, which opens to extend the slipway to twice its length so that the model can be launched. The hull is coppered below the waterline, and varnished or polished wood above and the broad closed wale is painted black. The gunports are all depicted open and the interior faces of the lids are painted red. The three channels are shown above the two principal gundecks, complete with deadeyes. Some deck and stern gallery fittings and embellishments are made from ivory and windows are glazed in mica. Forecastle fittings include stove pipe and belfry, waist includes a capstan with bars fitted, upper deck houses the double wheel and the poop has a skylight. Some deck planks have been removed to show interior structure. Other fittings include an elaborate figurehead with a green glaze and three stern lanterns. The model is displayed on a launch cradle and slipway within a stylised section of dock. This is set inside a travelling case with side panels in dark, polished wood to which is fitted two pairs of brass carrying handles. On the counter of the stern ‘Bellona’.

l4982.jpg

Bellona (1760); Warship; Third rate; 74 guns​

Scale: 1:48. A model of the 74-gun ship Bellona (1760) made entirely in a mid-brown patinated wood and varnished or polished. The model depicts the framing and construction of the vessel and other features such as channels and figurehead. The hull framing is complete with all full and filling frames in position. The construction of features such as keel, deadwood and stem post is shown and sections of planking have been fastened to the port side below the main wale. Below this, from bow to stern, are four ribbands. A number of port lids and channels, complete with ivory or bone deadeyes, are shown in position. The figurehead depicts a female figure and abaft of it are four hawse holes. The decks are depicted in frame but contain fittings such as gratings, pin rails and a capstan in the waist. The model is asymmetrical: the rails, for example, are complete along the entire port side forecastle, upper and poop decks, but missing on the starboard side. The model is displayed on a pair of moulded wood crutches with rectangular bases.

even more drawings are existing of her sistership HMS Hero

j2838.jpg

There is also a masted model of the Thunderer

d3335_1.jpg

d3335_2.jpg

l5775_004.jpg

good news my friend's
The book arrived today , Amazon's delivery was fast and came 12 days early.
I have not yet given up on the desire to find detailed drawings of the ship on all its parts like a monograph.
For now we will we'll settle with the beautiful book that arrived.
Good night everyone:D
20230301_211338.jpg20230301_211406.jpg20230301_211419.jpg

Why can you not rescale the plans in Larevy's book? You will lose some resolution, but building plans can look a bit scruffy and still work fine. Do you have a scanner and printer?
Hallo @donStauffer
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back