Suggestions for new BlueJacket Shipcrafters kits, please.

It's time to be thinking about the next new kit(s) from BlueJacket and we would like to know in what subjects you folks would be interested. If you'd like to make a suggestion, please list the vessel's name, type, time period, and desired scale. Email your suggestions to al@bluejacketinc.com within the next two weeks.

Thanks,
Al Ross

Hello Al, I would love to see a kit that kit manufacturers don't have now. I agree with Brian, the pre-dreadnought battleship would be great—something from the French navy.

1705976138658.png

Bouvet

I've been wanting a wood kit of the USCG Eagle. I would love to see kit producers make her. I know there are Gorch Fock kits out there that one could probably use as a base with a lot of scratch work. The Eagle has changed so much over the years and I wish there was a dedicated modern kit for her.

Admiral Farragut's (of "Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead" fame) ship from the battle of Mobile bay would be a good historical topic.

A very detailed eastern rigged dragger from the 1950s. Thinking like Little Flower from Gloucester.

Re-introduce "Flying Cloud"!
Great model of a greatt Ship. Or anything else Donald McKay.
Solid hulls are fine. Let's re-introduce carving, however popular POB and POF are today.
Pete, (Old BlueJacket fan.)

I simply love the lines and look of the Corvette L'Aurore, and there is very good reference for it. Being a smaller ship, even using the Monograph plan scale of 1/36 is not that large, and the scale would make for wonderful detail. If a model were available, I'd buy in a skinny minute, as they say in the South.

Hi Al,
Met you in Sept 2022 and had a great day at BlueJacket with Nic, Theresa, and the crew.

I would love to see a kit of the Schooner Timberwind. (Had mentioned my interest to Nic, yet aware there are a kazillion choices for models!) She was a pilot ship in Portland, ME, built in 1931 and piloted until 1969 before becoming a part of the Maine Windjammer fleet. She is now back in Portland after sailing from Rockport, ME, for day trips and overnights, and then Belfast, ME, for day trips. She is an "historic" lady! Captain Rick Miles owned her for awhile, then it changed hands a couple of times before leaving Belfast for Portland, ME, again.

Blessings,
JJ

It's time to be thinking about the next new kit(s) from BlueJacket and we would like to know in what subjects you folks would be interested. If you'd like to make a suggestion, please list the vessel's name, type, time period, and desired scale. Email your suggestions to al@bluejacketinc.com within the next two weeks.

Thanks,
Al Ross
Sent an email explaining my interest is in 19th centurt Great Lakes vessels as they were a lifeline to America past the Alleghenes.

Thanks,
Al Ross
How about bringing back the Olympus?
thanks,
Craig

I would jump at the opportunity to purchase a really finely detailed, large-scale model of the once-magnificent iconic liner SS United States!
I'm guessing (hoping) I'm not alone. ;)

Back