Crafty Sailor Store News

This should be pretty much as with any other log. Just start the thread and...I am in the first row. :cool: I am promising to chime in. I would love to start my Leudo, but my Alert kit fascinated me so much... that I devote all my free time (if any) to her. But I will be alert to the Leudo. I just love this kit.

These ropes are looking extremely good - also the color is completely fulfilling my opinion, how a running rigging rope should look like !
One question for the purist modeler:
Do you have also left and right turned / layed ropes?

These ropes are looking extremely good - also the color is completely fulfilling my opinion, how a running rigging rope should look like !
One question for the purist modeler:
Do you have also left and right turned / layed ropes?
Uwe,
the tan ones are all 3-stranded right handed and the black ones are all 3-stranded left handed. If you are interested in these ropes, we can definitely ship to Austria!

We now have select Marisstella kits in stock!
We expanded our selection and added these beatiful kits of the Adriatic Sea ship.

Ragusian Galleon "Argosy" 1:59

Marisstella Ragusian Galleon Argosy 1:59 Wooden Kit
First galleons of the 16th century were primarily warships. A big galleon in the beginning of the 17th century had three or four masts and a bowsprit. Under the bowsprit stretched a sprit sail. A fore mast's height was ¾ of the waterline's length and carried three sails. A main mast was as tall as the waterline length and carried three sails as well. A small mizzen mast was located in the middle of a poop deck and it was as tall as half of the main mast and it carried one lateen sail. Sometimes there was a fourth mast, bonaventure mizzen. It also carried a lateen sail. On each mast there was a crow's nest.

The word "argosy" is derived from the 16th century city Ragusa (now Dubrovnik, Croatia) which was a major naval power at that time.

VIEW

Ragusian Carrack 1:59

Marisstella Ragusian Carrack 1:59 Wooden Kit
The word carrack most likely comes from an Arabic word for a merchant ship: qaraqir. Carracks first appeared in Venice in the early 14th century and began to be built in Ragusa (modern day Dubrovnik, Croatia) as the largest cargo ships in Adriatic Sea. By the 15th century, carracks spread from the Adriatic to the Mediterranean Sea, and, by the end of the 15th century to the Atlantic Ocean. By that time these ships were also built by Spain, Portugal, France and the Netherlands. In the 16th century Ragusian carracks were among the largest ships in the world and sailed as far as England.

VIEW

16th century Ragusian Cog 1:48

Marisstella Ragusian Cog 1:48 Wooden Kit
Cog was a merchant and a warship of North, Mediterranean and Adriatic Seas. It had a tall main mast and, sometimes, short fore and mizzen masts. In the bow there was a massive forecastle with almost horizontal triangular deck.

One distinctive feature of this model is big hatches in the sides for loading horses and cattle as this was a vessel for transporting troops.

VIEW

Bracera 1:32

Marisstella Bracera 1:32 Wooden Kit
Bracera (or Brazzera) is a Croatian sailing cargo ship, whose hull is between 15 and 17 meters long. This ship appeared in the sixteenth century as a logical result of evolution of an old cargo ship - navis rotunda.The first written record of this ship on the Croatian Adriatic comes in 1556 from Venetian sources.

There is no solid source of origin of her name. Researchers have come to different conclusions. Some of them thought that her name came from the island of Brac, where it was created, while others think it was named after its main propulsion method - rowing: brachium or braccio which mean arm muscles.

VIEW

Picenian Ship Novilara 1:35

Marisstella Picenian Ship Novilara 1:35These Picenian ships were built in the 6th century BC along the coast of present day Croatia and Italy by Picentes and Liburnians. The ships sailed the entire Adriatic Sea and were used for both trade and warfare.

Archaeologists were able to reconstruct an image of what these ships looked like from a stone tablet found near ancient Pisaurum (modern day Pesaro in Italy). This ancient tablet shows a battle between Picene and Liburnian fleets, both using these same ships.

This model of a Picenian Ship has a rostrum (a ram) which was used to pierce the hulls of enemy ships in battle.

VIEW

Liburnian Monoreme 1:63

Marisstella Liburnian Monoreme 1:63 Wooden Kit
Liburna was a small galley used for raiding from the 8th to the 1st century BC. It was named after the Liburnians, a pirate tribe from Dalmatia, who were the original designers of this ship. Later, these ships were adopted into their fleet by the Romans.

These vessels were characterized by their high manoeuvrability and speed. They became so well known that over time the name liburna became a synonym for a warship.

VIEW

As always, all orders above $150 USD are shipped for free to the US and Canada!

We expanded our selection and added these beatiful kits of the Adriatic Sea ship.
Marisstella manufacturer is well known among the modelers community for their high quality kits, and this is great news, Egor!!! Many thanks for such news.

Those kits look fantastic. It is great to see a Canadian shop that carries such quality items. Now can you source out some half decent numbered drill bits for me. I would love it if you could carry some quality tools to add to what you have now. I never order a kit without adding on a few tools for the trade.

Those kits look fantastic. It is great to see a Canadian shop that carries such quality items. Now can you source out some half decent numbered drill bits for me. I would love it if you could carry some quality tools to add to what you have now. I never order a kit without adding on a few tools for the trade.
Thanks! We currently trying to expand our tools selection. I'm actually looking for good drill bits (the kind I would use myself for my projects) to add to the store. I'll post all update here in this thread.

Thanks Heinrich! We have HMS Speedy by Vanguard, I didn't know Marisstella was going to make those kits as well. I'll ask Zoran.
The Marrisstella Speedy will be 1:48 ,Vangaurd is 1:64

Finally we have Alexei Vikulaev's beautiful ropes in stock!

Black Rope (0.25mm - 0.65mm)

black.jpg

• Handmade black ropes for standing rigging
  • Length of each spool is 21 feet (6.5 meters)
  • These ropes are made of 100% polyester Gutermann Skala 360 thread
  • All black ropes are 3-stranded left handed

VIEW

Tan Rope (0.25mm - 0.9mm)

tan.jpg
  • Handmade tan rope for running rigging
  • These ropes are made of 100% polyester Gutermann E121 thread
  • All tan ropes are 3-stranded right handed

VIEW

Finally we have Alexei Vikulaev's beautiful ropes in stock!

Black Rope (0.25mm - 0.65mm)

View attachment 182863

• Handmade black ropes for standing rigging
  • These ropes are made of 100% polyester Gutermann Skala 360 thread
  • All black ropes are 3-stranded left handed

VIEW

Tan Rope (0.25mm - 0.9mm)

View attachment 182864
  • Handmade tan rope for running rigging
  • These ropes are made of 100% polyester Gutermann E121 thread
  • All tan ropes are 3-stranded right handed

VIEW
Are there will be other thicknesses?

We now offer the newest Falkonet model kit "Uvalen" for pre orders. We should have them in stock some time by the end of October. Order yours now and we will ship it to you as soon as it arrives.

1_1500x1000.png3.jpg

This small two masted yacht was built in 1862 for the nine-year old Prince Nikolai, the eldest son of the Russian tsar Alexander II.

Drawings of this vessel, which belonged to a type of pilot boats and had overall length (LOA) of only 42 feet (12.8 meters) were presented by a prefect of the French port Lorient and the boat was built in Kronstadt shipyard under the supervision of Vice Admiral von Shants.

From 1867 to 1878 the boat was part of a practice squadron of the Baltic Fleet.

Kit Features:
  • Scale 1:48.
  • Assembled dimensions are (LxWxH) 18" x 3.25" x 14.25" (456mm x 83mm x 360mm ).
  • All wooden parts are laser cut to simplify assembly.
  • The hull planks are anigre, the deck is maple and the inner bulwark is redwood.
  • Clinker hull construction.
  • Single plank-on-bulkhead hull.
  • Multitude of highly detailed wooden, cast and photo etched brass parts.
  • Cloth for making sails is provided.
  • Ship stand.
  • Assembly photo instructions.

Back