SOS Plastic Kit INDEX

aew

Staff member
Forum Moderator

Hello, I don’t see my build indexed anywhere:

Also, it is a little puzzling that there are multiple different index listings for the same subject, but with various spellings or arrangements of the ship’s name

Le Soleil Royale
Le Soleil Royal
Soleil Royal

They all refer to the same subject, so why not group them under one one correctly spelled listing: Le Soleil Royal, 1669-1692

Hello, I don’t see my build indexed anywhere:

Also, it is a little puzzling that there are multiple different index listings for the same subject, but with various spellings or arrangements of the ship’s name

Le Soleil Royale
Le Soleil Royal
Soleil Royal

They all refer to the same subject, so why not group them under one one correctly spelled listing: Le Soleil Royal, 1669-1692
the listing is basically copied from the category ,they are not spell checked or anything like that ,you will see the names as they were posted by the builder

Okay. That being said, my build still does not appear anywhere, under any name variants, on either list. Can someone please add it to “Soleil Royal,” where most of the other SR builds exist?

After a build log is first created, the details will be copied at the next index update. The topic titles are many and various so it needs a friendly name for the index. I suspect that this log has been in the index - correctly - for some time. However, the title had somehow been over written as "Captain Kidd" !
Sorry about that. I've corrected it, but it won't appear until the next update.

Keeping the spelling of new entries consistent with existing entries is a challenge, Vasa or Wasa for example, but there's only one entry for "Soleil Royal" that's out of step ("Soleil Royale") which I've also corrected.

Update:
You're quite correct, the majority of the logs are for "Soleil Royal" rather than "Le Soleil Royal".
I also found a couple more, one had "Artesania Latina" as a prefix, the other had had a sex change - "La Soleil Royal" rather than "Le Soleil Royal".

I'm going to settle for "Le Soleil Royal" as that's the format for other French ships.

Back