Sopwith Camel. Artesania Latina [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello, again thanks for your likes. The build continues, this time I’m showing you the almost completed rigging. It wasn’t difficult to follow the instructions but it was difficult to achieve. There are about ninety rigging eyelets and turnbuckles made up of PE. the lines crossed the frames and each other, many at awkward angles with some of the eyelets difficult to access, rigging my Victory was easier. I started using .25 thread which looked about right in the wings but it looked too heavy along the fuselage so I used a dark grey sewing thread from my wife’s stash, this looks right and being thinner was easier to thread for which I was thankful. The eyelets only have a small contact area on the frames and a few came away when I tensioned the line, this caused me a problem as some of the mounting points have four eyelets attached causing other lines to be also affected and needed re doing. With all the lines crossing close to each other and with the control cables running inside the fuselage I found it almost impossible to focus on the line that I was doing, needless to say that I didn’t enjoy this part of the build, I found it frustrating, but at least it’s now behind me.

View attachment 428044

View attachment 428045

View attachment 428046

View attachment 428047

View attachment 428048

View attachment 428049
While this may not be the rigging of a sailing ship, it is labor-intensive and requires patience! but it's worth the effort. The model looks just beautiful!!!

Back