Soleil Royal - ZHL 1/90 Scale by Paulb [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Paul.I can advise you to redo the round ports for the guns.Put away those decorative round things.Carve rings out of wood,along the width of the width.And then glue the decorative rings on the side.Only it is necessary to sharpen the rings thinner.

I've taken a break for a few months to get my ham license and several other tasks. The second ships boat is finished. I know it's the same size, well it's what I had in kit form from Master Korabel. I do have the smaller 75mm boat but I've built this instead for some reason that I now forget. These two are 90mm in length. It is what it is.
IMG_1165.jpgIMG_1166.jpg

Nice ship. I have a kit from ZHL that’s waiting for me to finish a couple of other projects. Did the blocks for this gun rigging come with the kit?
I purchased the blocks, canon carriages, cannon barrels and rope from Syren.

I just had a look at the Syren website although they are closed for maintenance. I was surprised (not?) about the aggressive wording on it. Serious companies are much more diplomatic by explaining their conditions.
János

I've taken a break for a few months to get my ham license and several other tasks. The second ships boat is finished. I know it's the same size, well it's what I had in kit form from Master Korabel. I do have the smaller 75mm boat but I've built this instead for some reason that I now forget. These two are 90mm in length. It is what it is.
View attachment 201505View attachment 201506
Hi Paul
Glad to see you back on the Soleil Royal
I have to say that I am not sure what a "ham license is"???
I have started the Soleil Royal a few weeks ago and will be posting an update later today.
I did look at your log quite regularly. Nice build
Read you soon

Hi Paul
Glad to see you back on the Soleil Royal
I have to say that I am not sure what a "ham license is"???
I have started the Soleil Royal a few weeks ago and will be posting an update later today.
I did look at your log quite regularly. Nice build
Read you soonAlicense gives access to all Amateur Radio frequencies above 30 megahertz, allowing these licensees the ability to communicate locally and most often within North America. It also allows for some limited privileges on the HF (also called "short wave") bands used for international communications.

A ham license gives access to all Amateur Radio frequencies above 30 megahertz, allowing these licensees the ability to communicate locally and most often within North America. It also allows for some limited privileges on the HF (also called "short wave") bands used for international communications. Basically it gives me the opportunity to annoy people all over the world.

Hello Paul, There is no such thing as necessary when it comes to your own build. I think we have no authority to amend changes if you don't ask for our opinion. I tried to help you put meaningful translation Mr.Deep replied.

You did a decent job on the second planking! However, this is not the way I would do it. But it doesn't mean it is necessary to re-do it the way I do, or others doing. In every work, there is a thing called 'Level of Acceptance'. Did you satisfy with the planking you made? Do you accept the job? If yes, then move on. If you have doubts, then you may need to re-do... There are many books and references for basic planking techniques. Take a look at some, they may be a good reference to help if you decide to re-do. But... before you made a decision - think twice!!!

https://www.modelerscentral.com/blog/planking-tips-for-building-a-model-ship/

Excellent Advice

Thats a really nice looking model you have built Paul.

With regards to the flags, unfortunately most kits have flags printed only on one side.

Hi Paul. There is thermal transfer paper for printers. Prints an image from the computer. Cut along the contour. Using an iron, transfer to the prepared white one.cloth.then on the other side of the fabric, make a drawing transfer the drawing to the other side of the fabric. Look at the flags on the model from Heller. I took a sample from there. Like you, there was no French tricolor in the time of Louis 14.

Back