Soixantième Bluenose !

Bonjour à tous,
Montage à blanc (à sec) des poutres du pont , je dois vérifier la poutre 45: pont inférieur ou supérieur ???, réaliser encore quelques ajustements et enfin coller l'ensemble.
Bien à Vous, Dom

Hello everyone,
Blank (dry) assembly of the bridge beams, I have to check beam 45: lower or upper deck???, make a few more adjustments and finally glue the whole thing.
Yours, Dom

20231020_161431-01.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonjour à tous,
Montage à blanc (à sec) des poutres du pont , je dois vérifier la poutre 45: pont inférieur ou supérieur ???, réaliser encore quelques ajustements et enfin coller l'ensemble.
Bien à Vous, Dom

View attachment 401394
Dom, you might want to check these longerons for the aft fishhold hatches and the af cabin; I suspect you might have swapped the directions of thee parts, meaning that what should be pointing is pointing backwards (and vice versa). I should have realized this with you first picture of your aft cabin surround structure, unfortunately I was not sharp enough...
I do not really understand what you are referring to with respect to frame 45. Could you elaborate?

IMG_0086.jpeg

Dom, you might want to check these longerons for the aft fishhold hatches and the af cabin; I suspect you might have swapped the directions of thee parts, meaning that what should be pointing is pointing backwards (and vice versa). I should have realized this with you first picture of your aft cabin surround structure, unfortunately I was not sharp enough...
I do not really understand what you are referring to with respect to frame 45. Could you elaborate?

View attachment 401399
Merci bien Johan pour votre retour,
Pour la poutre 45 j'ai ma réponse, trouvée sur le journal de Daniel
Pour l'inversion je n'ai pas compris, j'ai vérifié mais je n'ai pas trouvé le problème
J'utilise le traducteur en ligne pour vous lire peut être que ce traducteur amène de l'imprécision !!!

Thank you very much Johan for your feedback,
For beam 45 I have my answer, found in Daniel's diary
For the inversion I didn't understand, I checked but I didn't find the problem
I use the online translator to read to you, perhaps this translator causes imprecision!!!

I think Dom may have been referring to piece number 45 which is a special deck joist that acts as filler at the deck drop down between frame # 27 and 28. However, Dom I did find out the hard way there is only one way the longitude frames of the deck openings should go. Especially the ones at the captain's cabin location, I had to fudge a little by cutting notches in the transverse beams to fit square onto the frames or ribs. This correction is conveniently covered up by the waterway boards.

I think Dom may have been referring to piece number 45 which is a special deck joist that acts as filler at the deck drop down between frame # 27 and 28. However, Dom I did find out the hard way there is only one way the longitude frames of the deck openings should go. Especially the ones at the captain's cabin location, I had to fudge a little by cutting notches in the transverse beams to fit square onto the frames or ribs. This correction is conveniently covered up by the waterway boards.
Merci Daniel,
Je confirme pour la pièce 45.
J'ai aussi réalisé des encoches pour que les petites poutres restent parallèles et perpendiculaires aux couples. Ce n'est pas parfait mais j'assume mon compromis. Ma photo au grand angle n'arrange rien ! Je croise les doigts pour la suite !

Thanks Daniel,
I confirm for room 45.
I also made notches so that the small beams remained parallel and perpendicular to the couples. It's not perfect but I accept my compromise. My wide angle photo doesn't help anything! Fingers crossed for the future!

My bad, my translator made it read frame 45...

The longerons, marked green have notches, marked yellow, for the partial deckbeams.
I am suspecting that the end, marked blue should be pointed aft, whereas the red marked end should be pointed forward, resulting in moving the partial deckbeams forward. What is indicative of this issue is the fact that you had to create notches in those partial deckbeams in order to have them match the frames.
Imagine the partial deckbeams moving forward a couple of millimeters; may wager is that they would be sitting nicely against the frames.
I don't think it's beneficial to your build to rip it out at this stage and repair it...
IMG_0086.jpeg

My bad, my translator made it read frame 45...

The longerons, marked green have notches, marked yellow, for the partial deckbeams.
I am suspecting that the end, marked blue should be pointed aft, whereas the red marked end should be pointed forward, resulting in moving the partial deckbeams forward. What is indicative of this issue is the fact that you had to create notches in those partial deckbeams in order to have them match the frames.
Imagine the partial deckbeams moving forward a couple of millimeters; may wager is that they would be sitting nicely against the frames.
I don't think it's beneficial to your build to rip it out at this stage and repair it...
View attachment 401472
PS The notches in the parts marked green do h a ve different start- and end points, making it possible to inadvertently use the part intended to be placed right being placed left and vice versa...

PS The notches in the parts marked green do h a ve different start- and end points, making it possible to inadvertently use the part intended to be placed right being placed left and vice versa...
Merci Johan pour toutes vos explications, maintenant je comprends bien la cause de ce petit problème.
Bien à vous, Dom

Thank you Johan for all your explanations, now I understand the cause of this little problem.
Yours, Dom

Bonjour à tous,
Les poutres du pont sont en place, les deux mâts sont bien ajustés, je vais maintenant pouvoir commencer à border le pont. Je pense le faire avec des baguettes de merisier car j'hésite à utiliser le pont fourni dans le kit, peu d'entre vous l'ont utilisé !
Bien à Vous, Dom

Hello everyone,
The bridge beams are in place, the two masts are well adjusted, I will now be able to start trimming the bridge. I'm thinking of doing it with cherry sticks because I'm hesitant to use the bridge provided in the kit, few of you have used it!
Yours, Dom

2023_1105_23123200-01.jpeg

Bonjour à tous,
Les poutres du pont sont en place, les deux mâts sont bien ajustés, je vais maintenant pouvoir commencer à border le pont. Je pense le faire avec des baguettes de merisier car j'hésite à utiliser le pont fourni dans le kit, peu d'entre vous l'ont utilisé !
Bien à Vous, Dom

Hello everyone,
The bridge beams are in place, the two masts are well adjusted, I will now be able to start trimming the bridge. I'm thinking of doing it with cherry sticks because I'm hesitant to use the bridge provided in the kit, few of you have used it!
Yours, Dom

View attachment 405014
You made some nice steps with the deck beams, Dom. I loved the last picture with the symmetrical view over the beams.
Regards, Peter

Bonjour,
J'ai commencé le bordage du pont
Le bois utilisé est du merisier ou cerisier
Le rendu de bois me plaît bien.
La pose est minutieuse et longue, mais qu'en pensez vous ?
Bien à vous, Dom

Good morning,
I started planking the bridge
The wood used is cherry or cherry.
I like the look of the wood.
The installation is meticulous and long, but what do you think?
Yours, Dom

2023_1124_04403500-01.jpeg

Bonjour à tous !
Le temps passe vite mais la construction va lentement !
Une étape pas facile vient de se terminer je vous laisse découvrir
J'en profite pour vous souhaitez de très bonnes fêtes de fin d'années !
Profitez et gâter vous !
Bien à vous, Dom

Hello everyone !
Time flies but construction goes slowly!
A not easy stage has just ended, I'll let you discover
I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very happy holiday season!
Enjoy and spoil yourself!
Yours, Dom

2023_1219_01110600.jpg

2023_1219_01073700.jpg

Back