SMS Thetis 1856 scale 1:48

Hello everyone,

I would like to continue my build report in this forum. I hope to get one or two tips or information from the excellent model builders present here.
The construction project is the British Navy's last 5-gun frigate with 36 guns. HMS Thetis was built from 1843 to 1846. In 1855 the Thetis was sold to the Prussian Navy. My project shows the Thetis under the Prussian flag.

The model is completely built on a scale of 1:48. rigging and sails. Construction began in January 2012. Here are a few pictures of the current construction status.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

5a.JPG

5b.JPG

5c.JPG

5d.jpg

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

11b.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Hi Robbi,

nice to meet you here in SOS.

Your fantastic Thetis is a real museum model and will also find a lot of interest here. Very well researched and very professionally executed.

Cheers, Alexander

I am already in love with your model - amazing details and accurate work
I hope to see much more of the progress and also the building methods you are using.
Please - we all love photos ..... it can never be enough

Dear Robbi
you are doing wonderful work and the result is beautiful, well done Okay Thumbsup :)

You definitely have my attention! I will be following your project closely.

Your approach to model building might be similar to mine. That would basically mean that you don't feel any need to hurry (started this in January 2012). You seem to be putting your very best efforts into each step (whatever that takes), and thoroughly enjoying yourself as you do so (the best part).

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Jimmy

Thank you for the kind comments. Will add more pictures and procedures here in the days to come. My aim is to work as precisely as possible. Preferably with the original material and functional if possible. This is the only way I can understand the exact construction of the individual components. Notice this especially with the bulkheads of the Thetis. Hardly any data, almost no drawings and pictures.
Greetings Robbi

Back