Small scale pipe bending - any tools/hints/tips?

Hi All,

Been looking for the best of breed pipe bender for 1mm diameter and up.

What's the best tool/method you've used? Happy to pay good money for a really good one.

I 3D printed some "tubing-benders" I found on Thingiverse. They're basically sheaves/pulleys of different diameter. they've worked well in my bending tubing for through-deck fairleads on my RC models.
Most of this sort of thing is targeting folks working on auto brake-lines, you might note that in your searching.

Last edited:
I use fine beach sand. Fill the tube, tamp it well, close off both ends and bend it around a socket(wrench) of the right size. I've used this method for 1/8" brass up to 2 1/2" steel. (roll bar for my Spitfire). With the roll bar I heated it to red heat in a large fire and bent it around a tree.

I use fine beach sand. Fill the tube, tamp it well, close off both ends and bend it around a socket(wrench) of the right size. I've used this method for 1/8" brass up to 2 1/2" steel. (roll bar for my Spitfire). With the roll bar I heated it to red heat in a large fire and bent it around a tree.

Don, we did that to bend aluminum extrusions to make window frames with the aid of a hydraulic roller. We tried a solution of water and liquid dish soap and froze it…. We had success with both methods.The freezing method was limited to smaller jobs.

Back